PDA

View Full Version : Speculation If you had 12 party members, one per each class, what would your party be?

Protato
2018-05-08, 05:34 PM
I was thinking as a thought experiment, what would the best (or at least a very good) party be if it had all 12 core classes with no multiclassing, and why would I have picked what I picked? With that said, I posted my party idea, and hope to see yours

Barbarian: Half-Orc Zealot with a Greataxe to make better use of Brutal Critical, and Javelins for range. Uses GWM and Savage Attacker, if Strength and Constitution are maxed.

Bard: Half-Elf (+1 Dexterity, +1 Constitution) Lore Bard with a focus on out of combat utility and skills use. Dexterity and Charisma are both raised, leaving little room for Feats. Magical Secrets would be used on things like Counterspell to help potentially cover gaps in the party.

Cleric: Firbolg Life Cleric with a Warhammer. Takes Warcaster at some point to free a hand for a Shield. Primarily a healer with some good damage via hammer in between spells. Both Dexterity and Strength would be raised.

Druid: Moon Druid Lizardfolk with primarily utility/control spells, with Produce Flame for an at-will attack, Healing Word for in-combat healing, Healing Spirit to keep from using as many hit dice on an adventuring day. After maximizing Wisdom comes Magic Initiate and Ritual Caster, with the other ASI or two bumping Dexterity or Constitution.

Fighter: Variant Human (+1 Strength/+1 Constitution) Polearm Master/Sentinel Cavalier with a Halberd and Heavy Armor. Ideally, he'll get a horse but either way, he's capable of being a solid defender in his own right.

Monk: Open Hand Wood Elf Monk with the Mobile Feat, primarily focused on hit and run attacks.

Paladin: Scourge Aasamir Vengence Paladin. Uses a Greatsword and GWM, and acts a nova striking damage dealer. If he has 20 Strength and at least 18 Charisma, he'd be getting Magic Initiate for a ranged attack Cantrip.

Ranger: Gloomstalker Hill Dwarf that uses Sharpshooter and a Longbow, along with two Shortswords. Along with the Rogue, he acts as an ambush fighter.

Rogue: Aaracokcra Scout with Sharpshooter, Crossbow Expert, and a wielder of a Heavy Crossbow, with a Rapier for melee. Primarily focused on flying into a vantage point and launching attacks from there.

Sorcerer: Tiefling Red Dragon Sorcerer with a primary focus on blasting spells with Fire damage, taking Elemental Adept to bypass fire resistance when Charisma is high enough. After that, Dexterity would be leveled for a maximum of 18 AC.

Warlock: Yuan-Ti Pureblood Fiend Warlock with a focus on Eldritch Blast with invocations, and that took Pact of the Chain.

Wizard: High-Elf Illusion School Wizard. Once Intelligence is maxed out, Magic Initiate is taken for extra feats, and then Dexterity is raised for AC. Primarily focused on control, with occasional damage spells, plus Firebolt for at-will attacking.

Pex
2018-05-08, 06:50 PM
The Dirty Dozen

ProsecutorGodot
2018-05-08, 07:11 PM
Barbarian - Half Orc Ancestral Guardian
Bard - Half Elf Glamour
Cleric - Hill Dwarf Grave Cleric
Druid - Literally any Moon Druid
Fighter - Mountain Dwarf Samurai
Monk - Wood Elf Long Death
Paladin - Vhuman Redemption (Tough)
Ranger - Vhuman Gloomstalker (Sharpshooter)
Rogue - Vhuman Inquisitive (Prodigy)
Sorcerer - Half Elf Divine Soul
Warlock - Tiefling Celestial
Wizard - Gnome Diviner

Party Name: Attrition

smcmike
2018-05-08, 07:41 PM
Too many characters is what you’d have.

I’d rather see a party of six that is required to use every class.

DrowPiratRobrts
2018-05-08, 07:48 PM
Barbarian - Carries the Wizard's bags, material components, and other supplies.
Ranger - Tracks down material components in the wild and keeps a the Wizard's pet company.
Cleric - Leads the cult that centers around the Wizard.
Druid - Serves as a decadent mount of the Wizard's choice.
Fighter - Nags the Wizard about making him magical items so he can be an adventurer one day.
Rogue - Keeps track of the Wizard's money.
Monk - Keeps track of the Wizard's Rogue.
Paladin - Contemplates how he can break his oath and class into Wizard.
Bard - Writes songs about all the Wizard's amazing exploits and legendary tales.
Sorcerer - Tries to learn from the Wizard but realizes he isn't smart enough.
Warlock - Studies under the Wizard and serves as his "Second" in any duels.
Wizard - Is a god.

Fire Tarrasque
2018-05-08, 08:04 PM
I'd go twitchy eyes overanalyzing this.

Barbarian: Bugbear Totem Warrior with a Polearm, took a level in Fighter for Tunnel Fighter for INFINITE ATTACKS OF OPPORTUNITY WITH 15 FOOT REACH, a favorite tactic of mine. Makes him a great tank. Basically: You can attack anyone within 15 feet who A: Comes within 15 feet of you, B: Leaves 15 feet of you, or C: Attacks an ally within 15 feet of you. Infinite times a turn. And anyone who is hit by it has their speed reduced to 0. Couple that with resistance to ALL DAMAGE (Except psychic,) and... Well, you've got a nasty Barb.
Bard: Half-Elf Swords. Really going here because well, we've cover for the squishyness, and that level 14 ability allows them to function as a full on buffer without being distracted by secondary abilities like the other subclasses.
Cleric: Firbolg Life. Just... Heal. Nothing else. I don't LIKE using Clerics like this, but... Keep the tank aliiivvvveeee!!!!
Druid: Sheperd Firbolg. Firbolgs are very helpful, and I want a summoner. Summoners are cool. Will occasionally knock themselves out after reaching 14th level for MER SEEEERRRMMMMENNNNSSSS. Use the summons to flank, take out squishy magic users.
Fighter: Human Champion. Typical fighter. Nothing special. Maybe a level or two in Kensai monk. Uses action to push people to the ground a lot.
Monk: Drunken Master Tabaxi, because DRUNKEN MASTER TABAXI YAY.
Paladin: Fallen Aasimar Oath of Conquest. A sort of backup tank, main tactic is spreading around the fear! Keep them enemies pinned down, and keep pressure of the Barb.
Ranger: Wood Elven Monster Hunter. Simple, I wanted a bit of utility and single target attacks.
Rogue: Lightfoot Thief. Utility, stealy stealy man.
Sorcerer: Wild Magic Scorgue Aasimar! DO ALL THE DAMAGE!
Warlock: Tiefling Hexblade: Stabby stabby hexxy hexxy witchbolty withbolty yay.
Wizard: Rock Gnome Abjurer. Protect everyone from larger spells so the Paladin and Barbarian can keep the physical attackers away. Also supplements Druid nicely. Lots of Counterspell+Dispel Magic.

CTurbo
2018-05-08, 08:06 PM
Stout Halfling Zealot Barbarian
Lightfoot Halfling Lore Bard
Ghostwise Halfling Tempest Cleric
Ghostwise Halfling Moon Druid
Stout Halfling Battlemaster Fighter
Ghostwise Halfling Long Death Monk
Lightfoot Halfling Ancients Paladin
Ghostwise Halfling Hunter Ranger
Stout Halfling Arcane Trickster Rogue
Lightfoot Halfling Draconic Sorcerer
Lightfoot Halfling Fiend Tome Warlock
Stout Halfling Diviner Wizard

Fire Tarrasque
2018-05-08, 08:43 PM
Then give all the Halflings Hobbit personalities.
"BUT WE'RE OUT OF CRUMPETS"
"Your gold pieces are bigger than mine!"
"Where's my snuff box?"
"BUT I ALREADY SKIPPED SECOND BREAKFASTS"
"WHY DO WE HAVE TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE"
"I wanna go home, this is no fun."
"RAGH HALFING SMASH"
"Grag is so rude! He doesn't even dip his cookies!"
"GASP! How can you say that! We have no proof that man in a dark cloak trying to collect all the Macguffins, burn down all the trees, and take over the world is evil!"

Kane0
2018-05-08, 09:20 PM
The Dirty Dozen

I'll see your Dirty Dozen and raise you Ocean's 12.

Sception
2018-05-08, 09:39 PM
12 is kind of an overhuge party. Maybe 2x6 instead?

Team Heel:
Fallen Aasimar Paladin (Conqueror or Oathbreaker)
Vuman Necromancer Wizard
Ghostwise Halfling Shadow Monk
Hill Dwarf Death Cleric
Goblin Gloomstalker Ranger
1/2 Drow Hexblade
(Bonus: Wu Jen)

Stalker & monk scout & skirmish. Necro does knowledge, control, & mook squad. Paladin does face and melee. Hexblade does face & murder, both melee and ranged, with darkness/devils sight/agonizing blast/gwm/elven accuracy. Cleric snipes, buffs, and heals. I keep waffling on Oathbreaker or Conquest for paladin subclass. Party's kind of lacking in tank, and conqueror is my favorite subclass in the game, but it's hard to pass up necro/oathbreaker synergy.

Team Face
Vuman Battle Master Fighter
Wood Elf Scout Rogue
Half Elf Lore Bard
Protector Aasimar Divine Sorcerer
Forest Gnome Dream Druid
Mountain Dwarf Ancestral Barbarian
(Bonus: Alchemist)

All the bases still covered here. Lots of overlapping, multipurpose builds, fair bit of mobility. At least one of the bard or the druid will have to take a minor in stealth so the scout doesnt have to scout alone. Not as big a fan of this batch as the first group, but still pretty good, imo.

Run them as rivals, & for a 12 man supergroup, put both parties together in a team up against an even greater foe.

Citan
2018-05-09, 06:03 AM
I was thinking as a thought experiment, what would the best (or at least a very good) party be if it had all 12 core classes with no multiclassing, and why would I have picked what I picked? With that said, I posted my party idea, and hope to see yours

For a party up to level 10, no UA (because to much broken content)
Barbarian : Totem (because Bear totem)
Bard: Lore (because extra spells)
Cleric: Tempest (because maximized damage)
Druid: Shepherd because Auras and Conjurations.
Fighter: Battlemaster (because best resources consumption for that level)
Monk: Long Death (because level 6 ability)
Paladin: Devotion (because extra reliability and frigthen/charm immunity)
Ranger: Hunter (because Beastmaster beast too frail at that level)
Rogue: Thief (because fun things with objects)
Sorcerer: Wild Magic (because Bend Luck and advantage on Surge table)
Warlock: Hexblade Blade Pact (because good gish).
Wizard: Evoker (because so many people that may stand in the middle of an AOE...).

For a party up to level 20.
Barbarian: hard choice between Totem full Bear, Storm Herald Tundra and Zealot. Probably still totem though.
Bard: Swords (nice gish with "permanent" Flourish).
Cleric: Life (because auto-max heal is stupidly good).
Druid: Moon (no need to explain right?).
Fighter: EK (because Eldricht Strike with finally decent enough slots).
Monk: Open Hand for Quivering Palm or 4E for Fireball / Wall of Fire / Fly.
Paladin: Ancients because 30 feet Aura of Warding + incredibly resilient capstone.
Ranger: Beastmaster depending on how DM would rule Share Spells interactions with spells such as Ensnaring Strike, otherwise Gloom Stalker (WIS saving throw built-in, extra attack).
Rogue: Arcane Trickster (same reason as EK) although if DM allows caster pals to write scrolls or craft magic items then DEFINITELY, 100% no questions asked Thief.
Sorcerer: Shadow (because extremely resilient) or Storm (because extra damage, 2/3 party fly).
Warlock: Probably Hexblade Chain with Hold Monster at will and Eldricht Blast / curse related invocations.
Wizard: Abjurer Wizard because with that big a party, you won't always be under Aura of Warding and Aura of Protection and having resistance and advantage on spells is great. :) Second choice (and very close to first) Diviner because bypassing high saves becomes extra important at higher level.

Dr. Cliché
2018-05-09, 07:09 AM
Barbarian - Carries the Wizard's bags, material components, and other supplies.
Ranger - Tracks down material components in the wild and keeps a the Wizard's pet company.
Cleric - Leads the cult that centers around the Wizard.
Druid - Serves as a decadent mount of the Wizard's choice.
Fighter - Nags the Wizard about making him magical items so he can be an adventurer one day.
Rogue - Keeps track of the Wizard's money.
Monk - Keeps track of the Wizard's Rogue.
Paladin - Contemplates how he can break his oath and class into Wizard.
Bard - Writes songs about all the Wizard's amazing exploits and legendary tales.
Sorcerer - Tries to learn from the Wizard but realizes he isn't smart enough.
Warlock - Studies under the Wizard and serves as his "Second" in any duels.
Wizard - Is a god.

I like this idea, though I'd probably do it a little differently:

Sorcerer (Divine Soul) - Believes himself to be the child of a god, who is destined to rule over the material plane in the name of said god. Whether or not this is true, he has the charisma to convince people that it is, as well as the power to back up that claim.
Cleric - Sees the sorcerer as the avatar of their god and believes its his duty to protect and serve the sorcerer.
Barbarian (Zealot) - The sorcerer's champion, who will lead the charge against foes, often dying a glorious death only to be revived by the cleric. Only when the sorcerer rules supreme will his duty be done and he will finally be able to die a final death.
Paladin (Conquest) - The sorcerer's general, who will command his armies in the field and go with them into battle - probably on horseback.
Fighter (Eldritch Knight) - The sorcerer's personal bodyguard.
Rogue (Arcane Trickster) - Spy and thief for the sorcerer.
Monk (Shadow) - The sorcerer's assassin, removing obstacles to god's rule.
Druid (Moon) - The sorcerer's pet, who can act as a spy or messenger, as well as commanding the power of nature.
Bard (Lore) - The sorcerer's herald, who sings his praises and attempts to recruit others to join his cause.
Wizard (Conjuration) - The sorcerer's researcher, whose job it is to sift through scrolls and memorise all those trivial details that occasionally come in handy. He will generally be in charge of noncombat tasks - such as creating items/potions, teleportation circles and the like.
Ranger (Hunter) - Another scout, albeit more of a wilderness one. Also relied on to assist in dealing with more unusual creatures.
Warlock - The sorcerer's inquisitor, with the authority to interrogate and kill anyone suspected of acting against him.

(I know that wizards are technically better than sorcerers, but I think the latter make for better leaders - as they have the charisma/personality to draw people to them. Also, the whole 'divine spark' aspect gives the sorcerer a natural connection to a lot of other classes, and eventually growing wings seems like a cool thing for the leader to be able to do.)

(Also, this seems to be more a villainous party than a heroic one, but oh well.)

Incidentally, 12 PCs really does seem like too many. I could definitely get rid of a few classes (most notably the Ranger and the Fighter) without losing out on any essential skills.

Zanthy1
2018-05-09, 07:28 AM
I'll see your Dirty Dozen and raise you Ocean's 12.

That seems like a downgrade to me....

KorvinStarmast
2018-05-09, 07:35 AM
If you had 12 party members, one per each class, what would your party be? Unmanageable. You'd need a two or three person DM set up for this to have a hope in Hades of working. The game isn't built on that kind of chassis.

on the other hand, in a "you must multiclass" game ...
I’d rather see a party of six that is required to use every class. That would be kind of neat.
Sorc, Bard, Paladin, Warlock, Fighter, Rogue, Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Ranger, Monk, Barbarian
--------------------
Monk (Shadow) /Cleric(Tempest) vHuman
Barbarian (Bear) /Rogue (AT) Goliath
Fighter (BM) /Wizard (Divination) Mountain Dwarf
Druid (Moon) /Ranger (Gloom Stalker) Wood Elf
Sorc (Draconic) / Warlock (Chain-ArchFey) vHuman
Bard (Lore) / Paladin (Vengeance) Half Elf
------------
Six Pack of Schizoids. (Alternately, make them all halflings of various flavors, to include ghostwise)

ZorroGames
2018-05-09, 08:43 AM
I ran a party of 20 for a while in Seattle decades ago and while it was chaotic funny insanity for a few months I honestly was glad when a career change sent me to Saint Louis. The prep time was crazy - I would exactly zero prep for such a party now because 12 players will either self destruct or at least reduce in size naturally as people feel minimized.

You know some will leave.

Not to mention scheduling nightmares!

OP, 12 Mountain Dwarf characters- one of each class. You knew that was coming, right?

Vorpalchicken
2018-05-09, 10:06 AM
Half Orc Zealot Barbarian
Half Orc Lore Bard
Half Orc Life Cleric
Half Orc Dreams Druid
Half Orc Cavalier Fighter
Half Orc Long Death Monk
Half Orc Conquest Paladin
Half Orc Gloomstalker Ranger
Half Orc Swashbuckler Rogue
Half Orc Shadow Sorcerer
Half Orc Celestial Warlock
Half Orc Abjuration Wizard

The group is meant to be able to absorb the shock of the high CR opponents they will be facing and manipulate the battlefield, often with fear and darkness. Stealth would also be prioritized because surprise could be very important to the party's survival.

Vorpalchicken
2018-05-09, 10:08 AM
12 Mountain Dwarf characters- one of each class. You knew that was coming, right?

Actually, my second choice

Xihirli
2018-05-09, 11:18 AM
I'd go twitchy eyes overanalyzing this.

Barbarian: Bugbear Totem Warrior with a Polearm, took a level in Fighter for Tunnel Fighter for INFINITE ATTACKS OF OPPORTUNITY WITH 15 FOOT REACH, a favorite tactic of mine. Makes him a great tank. Basically: You can attack anyone within 15 feet who A: Comes within 15 feet of you, B: Leaves 15 feet of you, or C: Attacks an ally within 15 feet of you. Infinite times a turn. And anyone who is hit by it has their speed reduced to 0. Couple that with resistance to ALL DAMAGE (Except psychic,) and... Well, you've got a nasty Barb.
Bard: Half-Elf Swords. Really going here because well, we've cover for the squishyness, and that level 14 ability allows them to function as a full on buffer without being distracted by secondary abilities like the other subclasses.
Cleric: Firbolg Life. Just... Heal. Nothing else. I don't LIKE using Clerics like this, but... Keep the tank aliiivvvveeee!!!!
Druid: Sheperd Firbolg. Firbolgs are very helpful, and I want a summoner. Summoners are cool. Will occasionally knock themselves out after reaching 14th level for MER SEEEERRRMMMMENNNNSSSS. Use the summons to flank, take out squishy magic users.
Fighter: Human Champion. Typical fighter. Nothing special. Maybe a level or two in Kensai monk. Uses action to push people to the ground a lot.
Monk: Drunken Master Tabaxi, because DRUNKEN MASTER TABAXI YAY.
Paladin: Fallen Aasimar Oath of Conquest. A sort of backup tank, main tactic is spreading around the fear! Keep them enemies pinned down, and keep pressure of the Barb.
Ranger: Wood Elven Monster Hunter. Simple, I wanted a bit of utility and single target attacks.
Rogue: Lightfoot Thief. Utility, stealy stealy man.
Sorcerer: Wild Magic Scorgue Aasimar! DO ALL THE DAMAGE!
Warlock: Tiefling Hexblade: Stabby stabby hexxy hexxy witchbolty withbolty yay.
Wizard: Rock Gnome Abjurer. Protect everyone from larger spells so the Paladin and Barbarian can keep the physical attackers away. Also supplements Druid nicely. Lots of Counterspell+Dispel Magic.

Bugbears only have +5 reach when they take the attack action on their turn. Presumably this means that their arms grow when they attack and shrink back into them.

Beechgnome
2018-05-09, 12:20 PM
The Feywild Bunch:

Firbolg Berserker Barbarian
Half-elf Glamor Bard
Wood elf Trickery Cleric
Protector Aasimar Dreams Druid
Eladrin Arcane Archer Fighter
Tabaxi Drunken Master Monk
Copper Dragonborn Ancients Paladin
Forest gnome Arcane Trickster Rogue
Sea elf Beastmaster Ranger
Lightfoot halfling Wild Mage Sorcerer
Half-elf Fey Warlock
High elf Bladesinger

v1si0n4ry
2018-05-09, 12:44 PM
1. Get everyone their most divine oriented subclass
2. Found a church
3. ????
4. PROFIT

CTurbo
2018-05-09, 02:05 PM
Stout Halfling Zealot Barbarian
Lightfoot Halfling Lore Bard
Ghostwise Halfling Tempest Cleric
Ghostwise Halfling Moon Druid
Stout Halfling Battlemaster Fighter
Ghostwise Halfling Long Death Monk
Lightfoot Halfling Ancients Paladin
Ghostwise Halfling Hunter Ranger
Stout Halfling Arcane Trickster Rogue
Lightfoot Halfling Draconic Sorcerer
Lightfoot Halfling Fiend Tome Warlock
Stout Halfling Diviner Wizard

I forgot to mention that all 12 of them took the Lucky feat too lol

CTurbo
2018-05-09, 02:09 PM
(I know that wizards are technically better than sorcerers,...

Woah slow down now. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I'm not so quick to agree with this at all.

Mana Opal
2018-05-09, 03:37 PM
Hmm, lemme try!

Half-elf Bard (College of Glamour)- Truly the best musician in all the lands, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. What’s that? Magic fraud? I dunno what you’re talking about!
Bugbear Barbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian)- A really ugly guy who happens to happily work really well as the bouncer for whatever club the Bard’s playing at. Weird hazy things show up around the Bard when he’s mad, so he’s been trained to get rage at certain cues for visual effect.
Human Cleric (Life Domain)- Keeps the Bard healthy even in the event that something goes wrong. Also helpful for scheduling the odd performance in cathedrals and skilled at playing the organ.
Firbolg Druid (Circle of Dreams)- Seems a little less interested in the Bard’s music than most for some reason. Still ensures that the weather is perfect for outdoor performances, reduces the chances of the Bard getting attack in their sleep, and enables quick getaways despite that.
Mountain Dwarf Fighter (Battlemaster)- Someone the Bard managed to set up as king, and owes them a few favors. Seems uncharacteristically cool with this arrangement, for some reason.
Water Genasi Monk (Way of the Kensai)- Some weird hippy chick that started following the Bard around for some reason. Proved capable of fighting with little more than water and her bare hands, and has a curious watery quality to her voice, so the Bard let’s her hang around as their bodyguard and occasional backup singer.
Dragonborn Paladin (Oath of the Crown)- A potentially crazy lizard thing that swore fealty to the Bard for some reason. Something about dragons and spells? Handles organizing events with the mundane world for the Bard.
Wood Elf Ranger (Horizon Walker Conclave)- Ensures that travel through the wilderness is safe even after the Druid has used up their power for the day, especially when traveling in other planes of existence. Plays a mean decibel, to boot. Knows when the Wizard is procrastinating.
Feral Tiefling Rogue (Assassin)- Handles the Bard’s dealings with the criminal underworld. Doesn’t let anyone know about this, of course.
Lightfoot Halfling Sorcerer (Storm Soul)- Someone the Bard initially mistook for a child. Does most of the Bard’s special effects and has proven critical to the safety of several passages by sea throughout the Bard’s career.
Scourge Aasimar Warlock (Pact of the Archfey)- The Bard is famous, even beyond this mortal realm. This fellow makes sure that attempts to perform in other planes go as smoothly as possible.
Rock Gnome Wizard (School of Conjuration)- The Bard’s source for information, and keeper of their schedule. Their magic is what allows the Bard to travel to other Planes, provides a home base, and generally makes their life easier. Doesn’t like being harrowed by the Ranger so often, however.

KorvinStarmast
2018-05-09, 04:00 PM
2. Found a church
3. ????
4. PROFIT
Actually, I think what really happens is

2. Found a church
3. ????
4. SCHISM
Party dissolves in a flurry of finger pointing and shouts of "Splitter!" :smallbiggrin:

CTurbo
2018-05-09, 04:30 PM
Male Elf Champion Fighter - King
Female Human Frenzy Barb - Queen
Male Half-Elf Crown Paladin - Oldest child and King's right hand man
Female Half-Elf Wild Sorcerer - Second oldest and frequent trouble maker, but means well
Female Half-Elf Fiendlock - 3rd child and simultaneously jealous of and sick of her older sister's constant shenanigans
Male Half-Elf Swords Bard - youngest child, EVERYBODY's favorite, and idolizes his big brother while trying to mediate when his sister's fight
Elf Hunter Ranger - King's brother and always provides the best meat
Human Open Hand Monk - Queen's twin sister and total opposite.
Elf Land Druid - King's 2000yr old grandmother who spends most of her days as a cat sleeping.
Elf Assassin Rogue - King's cousin and dirty little secret
Human Transmutation Wizard - Queen's brother and court's personal mage
Human Life Cleric - Queen's overprotective daddy

TheCleverGuy
2018-05-10, 12:21 PM
No idea how these would all fit together, but I did come up with at least a base concept for each class.

In no particular order:
Hill Dwarf Battle Master Fighter--my current in-game character, Defense fighting style, makes great use of the Riposte maneuver.
Dragonborn (blue) Zealot Barbarian--dual wields, Pirate background, worships a storm god picked up from another sailor.
Mountain Dwarf Valor Bard--travels around selling his family's ale to taverns and inns.
Half-Orc Knowledge Cleric--a pacifist, but with a nasty temper he struggles to keep under control, if multiclassing is allowed maybe he has one level of Barbarian.
Forest Gnome Moon Druid--David the Gnome, except he can turn into a bear.
Wood Elf Kensei Monk--specializes in spear fighting.
Human Paladin of Devotion--pole arm master, former soldier, in love with the lady Paladin who inspired him to take the oath.
Lightfoot Halfling Monster Slayer Ranger--desperatly wants to see (and kill) a dragon.
Half-Elf Wild Magic Sorcerer--a peasant raised by a single Elf mother in a village of humans, doesn't know where his power comes from.
Half-Orc Fiend Warlock--pact of the blade, wants to destroy the orc clan that cast him out for being a halfbreed.
Rock Gnome Transmutation Wizard--I admit I got this one from the "easydamus" quiz, dont really have a good story yet.
Dragonborn (brass) Thief Rogue--orphaned and taken in by Thieves Guild, but leaves when ordered to assassinate an innocent.

2D8HP
2018-05-10, 04:19 PM
Standard human Champion Fighter starts with 14's in all stats except CON, Soldier background with a rank of Captain, from a family of Miller's, but has a custom background that gives him the History skill.

Variant human Gloom Stalker Ranger with an Outlander Background, with the Archery Fighting Style and the Sharpshooter Feat.

Half Elf Ancients Paladin with an Entertainer Background, and the Linguist Feat.

Four Wood Elf Scout Rogues with Outlander Backgrounds

Half Elf Swashbuckler Rogue with a Noble Background

Half Elf Swashbuckler Rogue with an Urchin Background

Variant Human Thief Rogue with a Criminal Background, and the Alert Feat.

Half Orc Life Cleric with an Acolyte Background. You gotta problem wit dat?

Mountain Dwarf Barbarian with both the Tavern Brawler and Tough Feats, stands next to the foes and punches said foe, which half the party peppers with arrows.

G mayes
2018-05-11, 10:44 PM
A changing with a level in each class and multiple personalities.