PDA

View Full Version : funny spells

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-05-08, 05:41 PM
Hello guys :)

last week I sew the spell "Protection From Flyers" and I started to laugh(This spell just look funny to me, I am not sure why).

Do you have any funny spells you want to share?

Jay R
2018-05-08, 05:50 PM
One of my DMs let me have Bugsby's Expressive Single Digit (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0624.html) as a cantrip.

Falontani
2018-05-08, 06:00 PM
(Spell Compendium, p. 45)

Transmutation
Level: Druid 3, Ranger 3,
Components: V, S, DF,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

Holding your hand to your head—index and middle fingers extended in a V—you call upon the ancient power of the triceratops. You touch your intended target, which then grows large horns, a bony skull plate, and a thickened hide.

The horns created by this spell grant a natural gore attack that deals 1d8 points of damage (1d6 points of damage if the subject creature is Small, 2d6 if Large). If the gore attack is used as part of a charge, it deals double damage.

If the gore attack is used as a primary weapon, the subject adds 1-1/2 times its Strength bonus to the damage of the attack. If it is used as a secondary weapon, the subject adds only 1/2 its Strength bonus to the
damage roll, and takes a —5 penalty on the attack roll.

The recipient also gains a +4 enhancement bonus to its natural armor.

Just the visual doing the V thing, touching his raging barbarian and whispering (with the outstretched lips), "Charge."

Darrin
2018-05-08, 06:53 PM
This is in the same vein as charge of the triceratops, but for some reason dinosaur stampede (Spell Compendium) tickles my fancy. Is there really any problem you couldn't solve by repeatedly casting this spell?

In my college gaming group, we would opine at length about how much we really needed a detect obvious spell.

Goaty14
2018-05-08, 07:21 PM
Defenestrating Sphere. FORT or be thrown up in the air.

Alternatively, if an affected target it near a window, it tosses them out of it.

Darth Ultron
2018-05-08, 08:56 PM
Detect Normal Fire (Range: Touch)
Protection From Normal Gold

Transmute Rock to Stone; Duration-Permanent; The casting time does not
include the time it takes to determine whether or not the spell has taken
effect, which can be considerable.

Minor Globe of Iron; This spell creates a sphere of solid iron
exactly 0.175 inches in diameter that is perfectly round and smooth. The
verbal component is the second letter of the alphabet, repeated twice.

Fools Summoning III; summons three fools (NPCs with
combined intelligence, wisdom, and charisma scores of less than three)...

heavyfuel
2018-05-08, 10:17 PM
I always thought the Arcane Material Components and Arcane Focus for Scrying were a bit silly.

You get some acid, copper, and zinc, to make a battery. You then presumably connect the battery to the mirror, making ir into a little TV to watch people's lives on.

This reddit thread (https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/6b02oc/til_spell_components_are_literally_jokes/) has some more funny ones

ericgrau
2018-05-08, 11:20 PM
Bigby's slapping hand to distract a creature enough to make him provoke attacks of opportunity unless he has good concentration. So... every foe except an NPC caster gets auto-pummeled by your allies because you slapped him upside the head.

Vaern
2018-05-08, 11:42 PM
My 5e wizard frequently casts Bigby's Offensive Finger... It isn't actually a spell of its own, but rather a name that has been bestowed upon a specific application of the Mage Hand spell.

Aetis
2018-05-08, 11:51 PM
This combo has been mentioned before and it gave me a hearty laugh.

Arcane Fusion into Laeral's Cutting Hand and Grim Revenge.

Uncle Pine
2018-05-09, 03:07 AM
Back in middle school, a friend of mine would joke about researching a version of Prismatic Spray called Spermatic Spray. He didn't actually do it and I don't remember what kind of effects he planned the spell to have, but years later I found out about Searing Seed - an 8th-level vile spell from Dragon #300. The spell's description begins as such:

This foul spell calls upon the seed of an unknown evil outsider. The seed manifests as a surging beam of black and red fluid that arcs out of your fingers to strike the targeted creature.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-05-09, 03:25 AM
Insidious rhythm. It's basically this in spell form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U2zJOryHKQ