PDA

View Full Version : Rageforged [NotD Feat]

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-04, 07:27 PM
This one was inspired when I watched Serenity for the first time this weekend, and I digested it over and over in my head today on my hour-long ride home. Here are the reavers of the Nation of the Dead.
--
Rageforged [Warforged]
Prerequisites: Warforged, Chaotic Evil, must live in northwest Shello.
Benefit: Your body becomes thicker and stronger, as you are a savage. Your armor bonus increases to +5, your max Dex becomes +3 and your penalty to all skills that apply to armor check penalties becomes -2. Your arcane spell failure chance is 25% and your base land speed becomes 20 feet. For all intents and purposes, your considered to be wearing medium armor.
Also, you gain the rage ability of a 1st level barbarian. If you are a barbarian, you instead gain an additional use of barbarian's rage a day and your Str bonus from raging increases by 2, so at first level your Str increases by 6, but your Con still only increases by 4.
Barbarian is now your default favored class.
Special: This feat may only be taken at first level.

(Here is an image of your typical Rageforged (http://nny2.deviantart.com/art/Rageforged-64139275))
--
For more information, see the spoiler tag under the warforged entry in Nation of the Dead. Link in my sig.

starwoof
2007-09-04, 07:38 PM
Well that is quite simply the coolest thing ever. I went and read the rageforged entry in Nation of the Dead, and I'm reminded of the cadaver collector in the MM3. Not intended for usual player use, right? :smallwink:

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-04, 07:39 PM
Well that is quite simply the coolest thing ever. I'm reminded of the cadaver collector in the MM3. Not intended for usual player use, right? :smallwink:

Not unless the entire group is warforged, nope.

Zeta Kai
2007-09-04, 09:33 PM
Two extra rages per day? Don't you think that is a little overpowered, even considering the prerequisites? I could see 1, but 2 is just about broken for a single feat.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-04, 09:37 PM
Two extra rages per day? Don't you think that is a little overpowered, even considering the prerequisites? I could see 1, but 2 is just about broken for a single feat.

It's always been my impression that feats only attainable at first level could be just a little more powerful than ones attainable whenever, especially for a warforged who has so many 1st level only feats. But then again, warforged are the ultimate in resisting the effects of an ended rage while still being capable of reaping all the benefits. Upon contemplation, I'll drop it down to one rage instead of two.

StickMan
2007-09-04, 10:00 PM
Yea this seems a bit much even for a warfored feat the extra +2 to str is to much one extra rage should be ok.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-04, 10:37 PM
Yea this seems a bit much even for a warfored feat the extra +2 to str is to much one extra rage should be ok.

Well the Str bonus is only when you rage. And I toned it down to one rage because I remembered there's a feat that gives you two extra as it is.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-05, 12:05 AM
Added a picture.:smallbiggrin:

Mr. Moogle
2007-09-05, 06:50 PM
I reallt like this but do you think that you could make it a template? it works as it is but are there any superficail changes?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-09-05, 07:22 PM
I reallt like this but do you think that you could make it a template? it works as it is but are there any superficail changes?

No real changes, but then again the only difference between a warforged and a rageforged is location, this feat, and a taste for blood.

Pyrusticia
2009-02-21, 01:09 AM
Added a picture.:smallbiggrin:

Nice pic!

Question: What is the nature of the "gray-white mists" in which the rageforged live? I ask because when I saw the picture, the first thought that popped into my mind was how cool it would be if the rageforged had a feat which would animate those body parts stuck to their armor, giving them a bonus during grapple attempts.

This feat wouldn't really make sense if you look at it as the rageforged doing the animating, but if the mists in which they live sometimes imbued the dead bodies with a mindless grasping animation, it could work...

Krimm_Blackleaf
2009-02-21, 01:38 AM
Nice pic!

Question: What is the nature of the "gray-white mists" in which the rageforged live? I ask because when I saw the picture, the first thought that popped into my mind was how cool it would be if the rageforged had a feat which would animate those body parts stuck to their armor, giving them a bonus during grapple attempts.

This feat wouldn't really make sense if you look at it as the rageforged doing the animating, but if the mists in which they live sometimes imbued the dead bodies with a mindless grasping animation, it could work...

The nature of the mist isn't as necromantic as one might think, it's not an animating agent. What I had in mind was that for fleshies, it was like a vicious disease, like cancer if it were a breathed poison. For warforged, who are immune to disease, it acts on their psyche and drives them mad, and thus there are rageforged.

Alokov
2009-08-16, 10:16 PM
Just subscribing.