PDA

View Full Version : Getting tons of attacks (With 2 arms)

RAGE KING!
2007-09-04, 07:32 PM
I want to find a build that allows loads of attacks. I've soooo much stuff about having multiple arms...but i want to see about how far you can go with 2 arms. Then if you get say, 6 arms you're attacks go from say....12, to 36.

Stop me if I'm wrong.

Sooo I was thinking....A dual wielder (we'll assume a 6/1 BaB) with all related feats. Also, I saw a feat in Phb 2 about getting twice as many attacks when spring attacking....so thats like 4 attacks, times 2 'cuz of BAB soo 8, then times 2 'cuz of the feat I mentioned, so thats 16....thats alot.

And also...monks give better BAB thing.

Sooo thats 8 times number of attacks granted by BAB.

Edit: I realized that that feat i mentioned required +12 BAB so you would have at least three attacks.

I Realize that your attack bonus would be like 2/-3/-8/-lots etc.

Douglas
2007-09-04, 07:56 PM
Spring Attacking prevents full attacks so that combo doesn't work. The feat you mentioned is supposed to partially make up for the inability to make a full attack but you're still limited to two attacks total while using Spring Attack. Another feat raises that to three, but you still can't use TWF or any other full attack abilities at the same time.

A dual-wielder with 6/1 BAB and Improved TWF would have four attacks and no more with what you've mentioned.

Seffbasilisk
2007-09-04, 08:14 PM
Take a level of barbarian, Lion Totem from Complete Champion to get pounce. Charge + Spring Attack to pick up a full attack on a charge...

Jack_Simth
2007-09-04, 08:14 PM
You want lots of attacks? Hasted, two-weapon fighting will usually cover you.

Although the 5th level Druid with Improved Unarmed Strike can technically get iterative attacks with the unarmed strike and use four natural weapons (gained by wildshaping). Add in two-weapon fighting (two unarmed strikes, this is rule bendy) and the Druid-5 can get six attacks in (before being Hasted by the party Wizard, for 7).

Benejeseret
2007-09-04, 08:21 PM
I think I am de-coding your message correctly, but my head hurts. ((some sentence structure edits could help your cause))

Lots of attacts at a 6/1 BAB so we're talking fighter 6th lvl with 7 feats (8 if human and +2 if flaws allowed)?

Something abstract about a monk...I got lost?

Anyway, feats

weapon focus (light hammer), two weapon fighting, combat reflexes, lightning mace = extra attack for each 'threatened' crit (4 feat tree)

Improved two weapon fighting = -2/-7 offhand attacks
Two weapon pounce to get offhand attack in a charge.

This would end up as 4/2/-1/-3 (I think) with every threatened roll given another attack. As the added attack could then threaten, this could potentially give infinite attacks 1/(20^n)

I assume the spring attack thing you mentioned was bounding assault which allows move-2 attacks-move, or Rapid Blitz move-3 attacks-move? As you say, too high for the given BAB

Alternatively, for fun go with a whip (exotic proficiency) and all the way down to improved whirlwind attack. (6 feats available for a human fighter lvl 4) throw it 2wf for extra fun, if flaws allowed throw in imp. 2 weapon

It provokes lots of AOO but you can attack all 24-48 surrounding squares at +6 BAB (depending on how diagnals counted by DM) plus the +1 and the offhand attacks

Yay 50 attacks under RAW at lvl 4

Kellus
2007-09-04, 08:28 PM
Try the dervish. Getting oodles of attacks is what they do.

RAGE KING!
2007-09-04, 08:29 PM
Darn...no feat then. I thought I might be wrong there. Greater TWF allows one attack with your main hand, and three with off hand. Doesn't that make 8 with 6/1 BAB?

With an attack bonus of:

4/4/-1/-1/-1/-6/-6/-11

I think.

Talya
2007-09-04, 09:19 PM
Greater TWF allows one attack with your main hand, and three with off hand. Doesn't that make 8 with 6/1 BAB?

With an attack bonus of:

4/4/-1/-1/-1/-6/-6/-11

I think.

You can't take GTWF without a BAB of at least +11. At +6 you can only have improved. (with the dual weilding penalty making you +4/+4/-1/-1 before any ability score bonuses or other bonuses are taken into account.)

At +11/+6/+1 with GTWF you can be +9/+9/+4/+4/-1/-1.

At +20 you're +18/+18/+13/+13/+8/+8/+3.

Benejeseret
2007-09-04, 09:22 PM
*bows to your ninja power* - ninja'd

Greater twf not optional until BAB +11 I believe, so no.

Either way, how did you go from 6/1 with plus 3 off hand attacks equalling eight?

With improved twf it grants 2 attacks -2 and -7 if light offhand. Added to 6/1 it gives

4 (main hand 6-2) / 4 (off hand -2) / -1 ( second main hand 1 -2) / -1 ( second off hand 6 - 7)

This gives 4 attacks but only on a full attack.

But, I claim to be no expert and maybe I am missing something as it is late for me.

Knight_Of_Twilight
2007-09-04, 09:26 PM
If you want lots of attacks, you can't go wrong with TOB and tiger claw stuff...

SadisticFishing
2007-09-04, 09:27 PM
Hrm, most attacks? Warblade 20 with Time Time Still and Raging Mongoose, full BAB, and all related TWF feats and Slashing Flurry and haste is:

22 attacks.

Dervish can pull off a similar thing, 4 less hits but more +damage, but only once a day.

Dhavaer
2007-09-04, 09:31 PM
Be a warblade wielding two weapons and take the maneuvers Raging Mongoose and Time Stands Still. When using these two maneuvers, your attacks will be: +x/+x/+x/+x/+x-5/+x-5/+x-10/+x-10/+x-15/+x/+x/+x-5/+x-5/+x-10/+x-10/+x-15. So 16 total attacks. 18 with a speed weapon.

AlterForm
2007-09-04, 09:54 PM
You want ToB? You can have ToB!

I give you...

Chuck, the Hulking Whirler! (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php%3Fp%3D12657563%26postcount%3D321)

Last clocked in at roughly 1000 mi/sec, and 11,500 attacks per round!

Raroy
2007-09-04, 10:09 PM
You want ToB? You can have ToB!

I give you...

Chuck, the Hulking Whirler! (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php%3Fp%3D12657563%26postcount%3D321)

Last clocked in at roughly 1000 mi/sec, and 11,500 attacks per round!

...........Wizards are still overpowered............

Looks like a good build in an epic campaign. And yet, the wizard will still out do you. Damn wizards.

Person_Man
2007-09-04, 10:32 PM
If you want lots of attacks, in my opinion your best source is Natural Attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29095).

Totemist is probably your best bet, but I don't use Incarnum, so I can't explain it properly.

Something totally unusable that I can explain:

An Entomanothrope (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20040621a) is a Lycanthrope for any vermin. A Sword Spider is a vermin, has 5 hit dice, 8 leg attacks, and a bite attack (Monsters of Faerun). In hybrid form you get your normal attacks and your natural attacks.

Be a variant Kobold (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a), you can add on 2 claws and a bite (though multiple bite attacks are obviously redundant).

Pick up the Improved Multiattack (Draconomicon, reduces secondary natural attack penalty to 0) and the Illithid Grapple feats (Complete Psionic, each feat gives you one tentacle, up to four).

This gives you a base of 15 attacks: 8 legs, 1 bite, 2 claws, 4 tentacles. And you also get your normal base attack routine.

Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike (Draconomicon) let you take iterative attacks with your natural weapons, though how many would obviously depend on your BAB.

Or you can just be a Warshaper, and grow as many natural attacks as your DM will allow.

For class choice, I would go Warmind 5/Psychic Assassin 5/Whatever 1. Now whenever you hit someone, Sweeping Strike lets you hit the person next to him as well. If its a Sneak Attack (have someone cast Greater Invisibility), it also deals 2 points of Int damage from Mind Cripple.

OneWinged4ngel
2007-09-04, 11:56 PM
Haste. TWF. Fist of Stone. Snap Kick. RAGING MONGOOSE. TIME STANDS STILL.

Just to name a few.

Talya
2007-09-05, 07:39 PM
Someone showed me a Thri-kreen maxed out dervish using "A Thousand Cuts."

He had it calculated as:

+18/+18/ +18/+18/ +18/+18/ +18/+18/ +13/+13/ +13/+13/ +13/+13/ +13/+13/ +8/+8/ +8/+8/ +8/+8/ +8/+8/ +3/+3

I asked him how the hell he was making a 5' step between every two of those attacks. (You need at least 60' movement to even consider trying a quad-weilding thri-kreen dervish...optimally you'd have 80' or 90' to make it viable.)

Four arms violates the point of this post, I know. 26 attacks just needed to be mentioned, though.