PDA

View Full Version : Glasya Tiefling from UA as a pure Hexblade advice.

Aleister VII
2018-05-09, 03:17 PM
So I'm into Tieflings lately and I always loved pact of the blade and now that I get my hands on the official Hexblade from Xanathar I'm absolutely making one and like all my builds so far I want to make it "pure" that means no dips, no multiclassing or anything similar, getting extra stuffs from feats it's okay as far as I care.

Also I was reading the UAs and the fiendish options really picks my interest, I initially think in using a Laviscus Tiefling for the +1 CON to get some extra HP at level 1 (This build is supposed to be focused on the early levels yet I'll also appreciate to know your opinion of higher levels) but I then changed my mind and changed to a Glasya Tiefling for the +1 Dex to get a higher AC, that and having minor illusion for free is awesome, disguise self at level 3 is good too and darkness at 5 is okay I guess specially if I add devil sigh combo.

Anyways, what do you think guys? Should I boost the HP and get a medium armor as soon as possible or pump DEX to get extra AC in light armor early on and then change to medium?

What's a better starting weapon a spear or a quarterstaff? In any case I'll swap it for a Halberd once I get pact of the blade or for any martial weapon that I may come across.

What incantations are good besides lifedrinker and the extra attack one? I'm thinking in relentless hex to teleport, repelling blast or the one that cuts down the speed, devil sigh for obvious reasons, eldritch smite to do something eldritch in melee, improved pact weapon is also a must if the DM don't give me a +1 or better Halberd and sculptor of flesh because polymorph is plainly great.

As for feats I'm kinda greedy with my ASIs so I usually don't take more than one if I'm not a Variant human, the only one that comes to my mind is Polearm mastery to combo it with my halberd, lifedrinker (at high levels), eldritch smite (they work together, didn't they?) And the reaction, GWM also rings a bell when combined with the improved critical that gives the hexblade curse and the advantage from devil sigh combo but I'm not sure if it is worth another ASI.

Did I miss anything? There's any other better or interesting fiendish option for a hexblade? should I consider going Variant human?