PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Looking for an inspiratioinal Build to match this concept

GrayDeath
2018-05-09, 03:33 PM
Hello y`all, its me again.

Once more, a new player is going to join one of my groups, and wants to most closely fit his build to the following concept (removed too mspecific fluff as its not present in the world/D&D but he is new and didn`t know that):

A Charismatic Leader of small Units, strong and powerful if faced in close combat, but focussed on conflicts involving support/Soldiers/etc, Inspirational, buffing magic and counter magic integral, other magic fine (does not want a blaster). Cannot be tied to any god specifically, must be able to (alignment wise) work with a neutral to evil party, should have not too complicated mechanics for a new player.

My contribution: should be powerful enough to do well in a mostly T3/T2 party of middling optimization, cannot be reliant on any cheese at all, cannot need more than three classes to pull it off, a bit of LA is fine as we use the following buyoff no matter the number of LA: Level 4, Level 7, level 13, Level 17.

Game Rules: 3.p, all PF, most D&D 3.5 that has no direct follow up in PF, Starting Level 5, probably the game is going to end around Level 12ish.

Thanks in advance guys (and gals of course :) ) !

AnimeTheCat
2018-05-09, 03:49 PM
Something+marshal sounds like it would fit... marshal 1/Bard X/Crusader Y?

Not sure how that translates to pathfinder though. Try summoning Psyren, hes a pretty solid wealth of PF knowledge.

Goaty14
2018-05-09, 05:56 PM
Nah, Bard/Paladin (+Devoted Performer) who smites enemies who get too close. If he starts to struggle in melee, then throw in a level of crusader.

Uncle Pine
2018-05-10, 01:20 AM
Marshal seems like a good starting point. Bard/Crusader with dragonfire inspiration could also fit (pick Perform oratory or a horn if you want to be a serious Bard). There was a recent thread about a PrC which had among others class feature that of giving everyone in an area a BAB equal to the ally with the highest BAB... But I can't remember the name of the class or the book it's from. :smallsigh:

razorback
2018-05-10, 09:47 AM
Marshal seems like a good starting point. Bard/Crusader with dragonfire inspiration could also fit (pick Perform oratory or a horn if you want to be a serious Bard). There was a recent thread about a PrC which had among others class feature that of giving everyone in an area a BAB equal to the ally with the highest BAB... But I can't remember the name of the class or the book it's from. :smallsigh:

Think you mean this one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?558062-Paladin-Marshal-War-Chanter!).

Andor13
2018-05-10, 10:01 AM
PF Warlord might be a good match, use Golden Lion for buffs and grab Shattered Mirror with a trait for magic defenses.

Zealot would probably do a better job but might be too complex for a new player?

RaiKirah
2018-05-11, 02:21 PM
Dread Commando and Tactical Soldier might also be worth a look

Elrak
2018-05-11, 04:36 PM
Warblade/Bard with a focus on white raven tactics and using song of the white raven. Add silverbrow human for DFI and your units will be doing a metric ton of damage.

Rebel7284
2018-05-12, 12:45 AM
Buyoff at level 4 and starting level 5, so pretty much one free LA (even in this leaves the character a few XP behind at first) Draconic would work well!

I think that Bard with a Warblade or Crusader dip is the easiest way to make this work. Sadly Words of Creation are off the table. I would aim for Sublime Chord at later levels because better casting is pretty great even if you only get to use it for a few levels.

The first 19 levels could look something like Bard 4/Warblade 1/Bard +2/Virtuoso 3/Sublime Chord 2/Virtuoso +7(Advancing Sublime Chord)

Look up inspire courage optimization handbooks for some tips on how to make it