PDA

View Full Version : Character Background Storage

SangoProduction
2018-05-09, 03:43 PM
I'm just making this so I can have a safe place to keep my character backgrounds rather than simply rewriting every time, with the good chance that the game will close, and I'll lose access to them. You can go ahead and post yours here as well, I guess. I have no idea if this is the correct forum to make this type of post.

SangoProduction
2018-05-09, 03:44 PM
Class: Soul Weaver (Spheres of Power)

Backstory: Christoph was brought up by his dwarven father, deep within the dwarven hold in the mountain. Thankfully, his family held relative stature in society as blacksmiths, though most requested their equipment be made by...the not-humans. Christoph worked day in and day out, rarely getting more than 4 hours of sleep, unless he passed out at the forge in exhaustion (a fair few scars were earned this way, before he learned to recognise these incidents before they happened).

He knew well the limitation of the human life. Where dwarves would have hundreds of years to perfect their craft, a human would have decades before being incapacitated by time. Each day that went by, no matter how his father hid it, Christoph brought shame to their family name. "No human could match dwarven craft."

Finally, he made a breakthrough when he was 30. Sure, his works weren't 'dwarven craft', but were acceptable. So, he began his "Life's Work". While most dwarven Life's Works are single objects of artefact level craftsmanship, Christoph's would instead be a collection of weapons and tools that perfectly embodied each of the clan's members, from the High Beards to the Slagmars. Given a few more years he might have done it too.

Before he could complete his task, a warp storm enveloped the hold, targeting the dwarves. Christoph woke up on a wooded hillside, with ... the will of his clan members calling to him. Somehow, through the disaster, the essence of those he made tools of had remained and called for vengeance and to regain the honor of the clan. Except for one. He pulled his father's regal warhammer from his dimensional pocket - flash frozen in the nearly-finished state it was in as the warp storm hit. It was silent.

Christoph would find who caused this to happen, aging bones be damned.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2d/dd/22/2ddd225866cc44807b9a43210aa7df98.jpg

zlefin
2018-05-09, 04:08 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just keep them on mythweavers or something? it's not like you need to fill in their stats properly to just make use of it to store the char descriptions.

SangoProduction
2018-05-09, 08:35 PM
wouldn't it be easier to just keep them on mythweavers or something? it's not like you need to fill in their stats properly to just make use of it to store the char descriptions.

neat idea.