PDA

View Full Version : Transmutation buff spells and other good persistable spells.

evyldead
2018-05-09, 09:13 PM
So I'm up to 5th level spells and I use Draconic Polymorph and bite of the were-x line, don't know if I'll keep wolf spell or not yet, but I was wondering what spells besides those along with shield, bladeweave, Wraithstrike, fire shield, cloud of Knives, death armor, swift fly and greater luminous armor. Are there any others that will be good for a polymorpher and self buffer that is good? Also is there a spell like Greater Luminous Armor or one that does the same? Because the 1d3 to strength might get annoying to just roll once a day hopefully so maybe there might be one like it or better. But any thoughts on any spells I should look into that might be better or more beneficial as persisted or anything?

Thanks guys!!

Battleship789
2018-05-10, 12:00 AM
A few I could think of

Greater Mage Armor (Spell Compendium) is an okay substitute for Greater Luminous Armor, though obviously not as good.
Blades of Fire (Complete Arcane) makes any weapon you wield flaming (kinda meh, but it can be good with enough attacks).
Greater Blink (Complete Arcane/SpC) is a disgusting defensive spell when persisted, as is Mirror Image (also look into Greater Mirror Image from PH2 which is cast as an immediate action, can be persisted, and replenishes the images when they get destroyed.)
Freedom of Movement is great, especially if you want to get in close with creatures that may be able to overpower you, even with your buffs.
The Heart of (element) line of spells from Complete Mage also deserve a shoutout for their decent defensive bonuses (and they probably won't require persisting at 1 hour/level.)
Greater Invisibility is also exceptionally strong when persisted.
Ruin Delver's Fortune (SpC) can be quite strong, and multiple castings allow you to pick up some good abilities (along with Cha to saves.)
Ferocity of Sanguine Rage from Dragon Magic gives a pretty amazing damage boost.

If you are using natural/unarmed attacks Blood Wind (SpC) is amazing, though it requires some tricks to Persist (swift action cast time is nice, though, and it is strong enough without Persist to be worth a mention).