PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Feat from basterds and bloodlines old blood can i be a true dragon?

Dragon_Bane
2018-05-10, 05:47 AM
i was just wondering if the feat old blood can make you a true dragon. here is what the feat does.

Benefit: Choose one race other than your own. For purposes of prestige classes, spells, feat prerequisites, magic items, and so on, you count as a member of that race.
Special: You can take this feat only at 1st level.

And i was wondering if there are other things i can abuse with this as a part of a combo of feats and templates.

DarkSoul
2018-05-10, 06:48 AM
No. This doesn't even give you the dragon type, let alone make you a true dragon. You count as a dragon for meeting prerequisites though, unless they specifically require you to be a true dragon.

Bronk
2018-05-10, 07:20 AM
I'd say that if you were allowed to use this third party feat, if you chose to be a specific draconic race that happened to count as a true dragon, as written you'd be good to go.

Abuse? There are a bunch of other hoops you'd have to jump through, but it would open up all the true dragon only prestige classes from the Draconomicon.

It would be interesting to choose something specific like 'gold dragon', then try to become a dragon ascendant. You have to have a treasure hoard, then eat it... if you made yourself a hoard of gold, well, unlike a dragon, you wouldn't be able to digest the gold, so you'd get it back. So that's a thing!

Or you could be a bloodscaled fury with the lich loved feat... Maybe hang out with a vampire that licked your blood scales?

Dragon_Bane
2018-05-10, 05:50 PM
I'd say that if you were allowed to use this third party feat, if you chose to be a specific draconic race that happened to count as a true dragon, as written you'd be good to go.

Abuse? There are a bunch of other hoops you'd have to jump through, but it would open up all the true dragon only prestige classes from the Draconomicon.

It would be interesting to choose something specific like 'gold dragon', then try to become a dragon ascendant. You have to have a treasure hoard, then eat it... if you made yourself a hoard of gold, well, unlike a dragon, you wouldn't be able to digest the gold, so you'd get it back. So that's a thing!

Or you could be a bloodscaled fury with the lich loved feat... Maybe hang out with a vampire that licked your blood scales?

that is a good idea what i am wondering tho is the and so on part of the feat like if i take a template what is base creature is it the elf thtat i was before the feat or is it the gold dragon do to the "and so on" part becomes if it. like if i become Faerzress-infused do i get my elf special quality's or the gold dragons do to the "and so on" part. would it just give me the gold dragon ability do to that line of text?