PDA

View Full Version : sneak attack whilst brawling?

Camman1984
2018-05-10, 08:15 AM
a couple of questions for my potential barb/rogue

can sneak attack whilst raging?
use weapons whilst grappling?
sneak attack whilst grappling?

I want to play a wrestler barbarian, and sneak attacking seems like a good way of getting around the damage reduction for spending attacks to grapple. would be part of his backstory too that he got banned because he lost his temper whilst wrestling and stabbed someone.

JackPhoenix
2018-05-10, 08:46 AM
Raging: Yes. You still have to use weapon with finesse quality, but sneak attack doesn't care if you use it with Str or Dex, though rage does.

Grappling: Yes, as long as you have the weapon hand free. No two-handed weapons, obviously, unless you can somehow grapple without using your hands.

Sneaky grappling: Sure, as long as you use finesse weapon.

Camman1984
2018-05-10, 09:10 AM
That's all good to know thanks, I am only thinking of using a dagger, the sort of dagger that just appears as a glint whilst you think they are just having a fist fight in the street and someone winds up holding their belly. I only think a couple of levels of rogue will be required as none of the archetypes really lend themselves to a barbarian grappled synergy but for full ASI I might need to go for 4 levels.

JackPhoenix
2018-05-10, 10:40 AM
Thief is good, you can draw the dagger for free as part of the attack, but you'll have to use your object interaction to sheathe it again. Thief can do it as bonus action in the same turn.