PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder DM Needs A Wandering Abomination

Palanan
2018-05-11, 02:52 PM
I only have a few minutes to prepare for tonight’s game and I’m way behind on monster ideas.

I need something horrific and unnatural to challenge a party in the wilderness, preferably CR 3-5 or so. Ideally this would be an aberration, but I’m open to other suggestions. Pathfinder preferred, but official 3.5 sources accepted in a pinch.

FelineArchmage
2018-05-11, 02:55 PM
I only have a few minutes to prepare for tonight’s game and I’m way behind on monster ideas.

I need something horrific and unnatural to challenge a party in the wilderness, preferably CR 3-5 or so. Ideally this would be an aberration, but I’m open to other suggestions. Pathfinder preferred, but official 3.5 sources accepted in a pinch.

Gibbering mouther? I'm not sure of the CR off the top of my head, but it's definitely falls under abomination.

Acanous
2018-05-11, 04:15 PM
this (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/aberrations/adherer-tohc/) looks like what you are searching for.

At CR 3 you could have 1d4 of them in the woods, and make the party wonder if it’s the same one or not