PDA

View Full Version : PbP music and sound effects

S@tanicoaldo
2018-05-11, 06:17 PM
Hello there, I'm about to start a PbP game, hopefully this one will last very long :D

Anyway, I'm big fan of using sounds and music to establish the mood and ambiance for a scene, but I don't want to provide link to videos since they often ruin immersion is there any way or any site where you can deploy music and sound in the thread without the video's name or the iamges spoiling the mood?

Berenger
2018-05-12, 07:39 AM
I usually match up a picture with ambient music from YouTube. The picture in the PbB thread is the link to the music which can be accessed via "Right Click + Open In New Tab" or single click with the middle mouse button. This way, the music video opens in a new tab and the player stays at the tab with the RPG and the picture.

Example:

Faction: The Rhajit

http://abload.de/img/rhajitptsox.png (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm3e9hoo3ZM)

Background text...

Faily
2018-05-13, 03:09 PM
Hello there, I'm about to start a PbP game, hopefully this one will last very long :D

Anyway, I'm big fan of using sounds and music to establish the mood and ambiance for a scene, but I don't want to provide link to videos since they often ruin immersion is there any way or any site where you can deploy music and sound in the thread without the video's name or the iamges spoiling the mood?

Even if it was possible to make music play automatically like on certain websites, chances are your players would want to kill you.

Links are totally fine. If players want the ambiance, they can click the link. Berenger's example above is a very nice one.

Lord Raziere
2018-05-13, 03:13 PM
No dude, just link it. works fine. Been doing that for my game as long as possible, doesn't ruin immersion, just to click back to the original tab to read it. I mostly use for battle music though, kind of vital when my characters super form is cosplaying as Asriel dreamurr and I need to go Hopes and Dreams on somebody.