PDA

View Full Version : Optimization 3.5e looking for source of Bardic Music that isn't a Bard

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-05-13, 01:48 AM
Hello guys :)

I want to make a Crusader with Song of the White Raven but I don't want the regular Bard.

I don't want the other Bardic Music options, I only want Inspire Courage.

I don't like losing BAB.

I don't like the alignment restriction of the Bard.

A_S
2018-05-13, 01:54 AM
Warrior Skald (Races of Faerun) explicitly grants Bardic Music, without losing BAB.

The Harmonious Knight substitution levels for Paladin (Champions of Valor web enhancement) grant Inspire Courage, though not explicitly as part of the "Bardic Music" class feature. You'd have to check with your DM if this would qualify you for the "Bardic music (inspire courage)" prerequisite of Song of the White Raven.

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-05-13, 02:03 AM
Warrior Skald (Races of Faerun) explicitly grants Bardic Music, without losing BAB.

The Harmonious Knight substitution levels for Paladin (Champions of Valor web enhancement) grant Inspire Courage, though not explicitly as part of the "Bardic Music" class feature. You'd have to check with your DM if this would qualify you for the "Bardic music (inspire courage)" prerequisite of Song of the White Raven.

That look good, to bad it will take some time to get into Warrior Skald.

Thank you :)

Troacctid
2018-05-13, 02:03 AM
Off the top of my head, Heartfire Fanner, Icesinger, and Troubadour of Stars.

Malroth
2018-05-13, 02:06 AM
the From smite to song feat allows paladins access to bardic music.

Inevitability
2018-05-13, 02:19 AM
the From smite to song feat allows paladins access to bardic music.

It doesn't, it grants Inspire Courage instead. A single part of Bardic Music is not the class feature itself.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-05-13, 02:26 AM
It doesn't, it grants Inspire Courage instead. A single part of Bardic Music is not the class feature itself.

Yeah but it's also explicitly what the OP is looking for.

BloodSnake'sCha
2018-05-13, 02:38 AM

I don't like it but you are right, I will have to use The Harmonious Knight substitution level.

Yeah but it's also explicitly what the OP is looking for.

But it doesn't work for the feat, I want to take the feat Song of the White Raven and:

You can spend a smite evil attempt to duplicate the effects of the inspire courage bardic music ability
I don't think duplicating an effect will help me with the feat.

Kelb_Panthera
2018-05-13, 02:55 AM
But it doesn't work for the feat, I want to take the feat Song of the White Raven and:

I don't think duplicating an effect will help me with the feat.

I'd allow it. Ask your Dm.

schreier
2018-05-13, 04:25 PM
Virtuoso, fochlucan lyrist, and spellsinger may work too