2018-05-13, 11:09 AM
{{scrubbed}}

Kaptin Keen
2018-05-13, 12:12 PM
press buttan

... that's so funny - yet so rude =D

Anonymouswizard
2018-05-13, 01:04 PM
Well to cast a spell you must first know the magic words. These are unique to each spell and consist of twenty four letters and eight syllables per spell level. These must be said in a clear voice while standing facing northwards with a magic wand in one hand and a fifteen sided die in the other.

Or you could say 'GM, I would like to cast [spell]'.

Should I have used blue text for the first part? I'm worried that it's not obviously a joke.

Deophaun
2018-05-13, 01:10 PM
Spells are very powerful, so they are also heavily regulated. Check with your state and local governments first to obtain the necessary licenses. These often involve several years of instructional lessons in fantastical schools located in the English countryside, so the good news is you should come out of it with all your questions answered. Provided you don't get turned into a tree or eaten by a dragon or something in the process.

Nifft
2018-05-14, 12:56 AM
Can anyone guide me how to cost a spell, I tried many articles to read about and learn about that, But seems like I am didt get anything

Spells cost XP and GP to research, plus downtime -- but the cost will vary with level, and the level will vary with the spell's effect.

If you tell us the intended effect of the spell, we might be able to help you cost the spell.

DeTess
2018-05-14, 01:25 AM
If you want to know how spellcasting works, read the player handbook of the edition you're playing.

If you want to know what it costs to create a new spell, talk to your dm.

Misereor
2018-05-14, 05:58 AM
If you want to know how spellcasting works, read the player handbook of the edition you're playing.

If you want to know what it costs to create a new spell, talk to your dm.

Are you sure? For years I've been yelling "LIGHTNING BOLT" and throwing bags of flour at the DM. Your method sounds much more convenient.

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-05-14, 06:40 AM
Casting the spell itself is just a matter of naming the spell and if needed the target.

before you do that you have to be prepared by playing a character that can cast spells at all, having a list of which spells you can cast, and keeping track of how many and which spells you can cast today. If you're starting out a spontaneous caster might be a good option. Read the sorcerer page on either the D20 (=3.5) or the 5e SRD (system reference document, available online as web pages) depending on which you're playing. The most important decision you need to make is which spells to pick, so just go for the cool sounding ones, and have the GM (game master) help you with the rest.

LibraryOgre
2018-05-14, 10:34 AM
The Mod Wonder: I remind people to be polite to questions, and not mock people for difficulties with language.

To the question:

It very much depends on which game you're playing; different games have a variety of ways you might cast a spell, and some of them even have different ways to cast for different classes or groups of people.

Can you provide more information about the game you are playing, and more details about the mechanical aspects of your character (i.e. class, how they get their magic, etc.)