PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Divine Version of Ultimate Magus?

Palanan
2018-05-13, 01:19 PM
Does Pathfinder have a divine version of the 3.5 ultimate magus? I’m looking for something that would let me advance casting for a multiclassed prepared/spontaneous caster, where both casting classes are divine.

If Pathfinder doesn’t have anything like this, how would you make one?

BloodredAi
2018-05-13, 03:04 PM
Hellknight Signifier works.

Florian
2018-05-13, 03:37 PM
PF more or less doesn't have "dual progression" classes or PrC beyond Mythic Theurge.

Best you can do is mix progressions, spells and class features, a bit by either going for Hellknight Signifer or Stargazer.

Palanan
2018-05-13, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by BloodredAi
Hellknight Signifier works.

This only advances one divine class, so not really.

Originally Posted by Florian
…Stargazer.

That’s really interesting, thanks. Any particular reason why you chose that one?

Originally Posted by Florian
...beyond Mythic Theurge.

I assume you mean Mystic Theurge? :smallsmile:

Florian
2018-05-13, 05:26 PM
@Palanan:

Talk to my autocorrect about that one...

Sorry, it´s late, I'm too tired to go into it, but both PrC include a certain rules dysfunction when it comes to progressing Oracle abilities/curse and that again grant divine spells, while simultaneously advancincing another divine class, like cleric.

grarrrg
2018-05-13, 06:05 PM
Hellknight Signifier This only advances one divine class, so not really.

Yeah, there aren't any dual-casting outside Mystic Theurge.
I think what they were getting at though is that a Hellknight Signifier can advance (non-casting) Cleric stuff AND (non-casting) Oracle stuff through the Catechesis ability.
So an Oracle 9/Cleric 1/Hellknight 10 would have Oracle 19/Cleric 1 casting, but would have 19th level Mysteries, and 11th level Domain powers.

Likewise the Stargazer stacks things with Cleric, Witch, and Oracle levels (and kind-of Shaman), but only advances one casting class.

Palanan
2018-05-13, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by grarrrg
Likewise the Stargazer stacks things with Cleric, Witch, and Oracle levels (and kind-of Shaman), but only advances one casting class.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. I see the broader point about the general lack of dual-casting PrCs.

It looks like the only thing I can do is brew something based on the ultimate magus. Some aspects seem pretty simple to adapt—I could see changing the Expanded Spell Knowledge feature to work with oracle spells, granting a druid or cleric spell to be cast spontaneously on the oracle side.

But I’m not sure if going the metamagic route would fit here. Maybe instead of metamagic, an additional mystery gained at the appropriate levels?