PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/barbarian

Stormtrooper666
2018-05-13, 09:16 PM
Is there a nane for a class thats a rogue/barbarian mix?

tedcahill2
2018-05-13, 09:27 PM

I think the fluff or setting might have a lot to do with the name. Like if it's a member of a barbarian tribe with some rogue tenancies they might very well be called a scout or ranger or skirmisher.

Vitruviansquid
2018-05-13, 10:17 PM
Robarian

Bargue

Kaptin Keen
2018-05-14, 01:15 AM
What sort of ethnic background does he have? I like Unther, if he's the nordic type. Or he could be Urgarne, if he's more ... I dunno, an eldritch barbarian? If you want something that's actually nordic, I had a barbarian called Ravn Skulke (Ravn is raven - Skulke is to shirk, he was a barbarian priest of Loki, hence much given to make others do the hard work).

Olm is good - it basically means angry.

All sorts of arabic names are cool for desert barbarians. Hazaf bin Hassad al Qirrum, prince of the horse tribes of the trackless sands. All that jazz.

I had an african-fantasy-worldian barbarian called Ogana Muhanjo. And another called Okoa Ochiwande.

Nifft
2018-05-14, 01:25 AM

Conan, perhaps?

LibraryOgre
2018-05-14, 10:23 AM

Edition is important here, as is what you look to get out of the concept of "rogue" and "barbarian".

The Scout, in D&D 3.x was a ranger-ish rogue or a roguish ranger, depending on how you used it.

The 4e ranger also worked well as a roguish barbarian, depending on the flavor.

But a LOT comes down to "What do you want it for?"

SilverClawShift
2018-05-14, 03:45 PM
I'd call it a Guerilla, personally.

Mastikator
2018-05-14, 04:16 PM
Any rogue that doesn't speak greek is a barbarian really, which is most of them.

Kaptin Keen
2018-05-14, 11:31 PM
Edition is important here, as is what you look to get out of the concept of "rogue" and "barbarian".

The Scout, in D&D 3.x was a ranger-ish rogue or a roguish ranger, depending on how you used it.

The 4e ranger also worked well as a roguish barbarian, depending on the flavor.

But a LOT comes down to "What do you want it for?"

It's a class name he's asking for.

..... oh! =)

Don't mind me then.

Murmaider
2018-05-15, 05:52 AM
Some Ideas:

Marauder

Raider

Ravager

Outlaw

Forager

Bandit

Despoiler

All of those names have rather negative connotations, but so do Barbarian and Rogue.

Bansheexero
2018-05-15, 11:43 PM
Random stream of consciousness: My thoughts went to where they overlap, which would be danger sense and uncanny dodge, which have to do with reducing risk. And my mind went to riskbreakers from Vagrant Story, and then to the term "vagrant." So yeah, vagrant is what I would use.

denthor
2018-05-16, 09:24 PM
Tugmother is what I would name him

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-05-17, 03:23 AM
Pointman.

No, I think Murmaider gave some great suggestions.

2D8HP
2018-05-17, 03:04 PM
The "Thug"

Which I totally stole from the Ultimate Optimizer's Multiclassing Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?502248-Ultimate-Optimizer-s-Multiclassing-Guide)