PDA

View Full Version : DM Help What animal stat block for Hengeyokai animal forms?

Luccan
2018-05-14, 02:00 AM
The Hengeyokai from OA has always been a personal favorite, though I've never played one nor had one play in my games. This may be changing, as I'm basing a new game off OA, but there's a problem with them as well. Several of the Hengeyokai types have no equivalents or obvious substitutes for the stats in their animal forms. For instance, a dog Hengeyokai would obviously use Dog stats in animal form, as would a raccoon dog hengeyokai. A sparrow hengeyokai would likely use raven stats. But then there are: carp, crab, crane, fox, and hare. It's possible statistics for these creatures exist somewhere and if so, please point me to the right book. But if not, what other animal stats should I base their stats on? This will be important for myself as well as the players. Thank you for your responses.

eggynack
2018-05-14, 03:09 AM
It looks like the game itself lists out all the animal stat blocks in table 1-3. Not really sure what you need outside of that, aside from the low-light vision and speak with others of your type abilities.

Luccan
2018-05-14, 03:18 AM
It looks like the game itself lists out all the animal stat blocks in table 1-3. Not really sure what you need outside of that, aside from the low-light vision and speak with others of your type abilities.

How have I missed that every time I've read their entry? Well, thanks, I appreciate you pointing it out