PDA

View Full Version : Skulls and Shackles + Kingmaker?

ArendK
2018-05-14, 06:57 AM
So I've been running my kingmaker group, and thus far, they've enjoyed it. Due to me always craving new ideas or looking ahead, I started browsing through the Skulls and Shackles AP. Then the gears started turning.

Has anyone done anything to combine the kingdom building with the piracy?

Scowling Dragon
2018-05-14, 10:58 AM
Has anyone done anything to combine the kingdom building with the piracy?

The systems are pretty easily combinable. BP requires a certain amount of gold so just Steal stuff and then convert it to resources.

I would recomend using the Ultimate Campaign and the Ultimate Rulership/War plug in from legendary games to really add depth and weight to the Rulership system. Ultimate war also really expands dimensions to naval combat as well.

But the default Vehicle System is terrible from Paizo. I recommend using Anachronistic Adventures system for designing vehicles based off of creatures.

Use Rouge Genius Games Guide to Talented Monsters to make Monster ship designs easier by default. Use Everyman Games Microsized Adventures for creating vehicles larger then Colossal.

I haven't got around to revising the Siege weapon system yet but here are my recomendations so far.