PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best Mystic Spells for a Samsaran Druid?

Palanan
2018-05-14, 03:23 PM
I’m working up a Samsaran druid and I’d like to use Mystic Past Life to round out my spell list. The druid will have a Wisdom of 18 or thereabouts, so I have 4-5 spells to work with.

So, what spells would be good choices here? I’m looking for all-around utility and versatility, but quirky and obscure are just as good.

Arkain
2018-05-14, 09:16 PM
So many things, really. You could look into cleric spells and get some stuff you don't usually get, like Divine Favor or Blessing of Fervor. In case you don't have a cleric in your party, you may try to substitute with Restoration, for example. Or Magic Vestment to save on money for equipment. Or you could go for combat based spells and look into inquisitor or paladin spells, for things like the litanies (Litany of Vengeance, for example, for a nice swift action before you rend your enemy apart). It'd even be somewhat cool if you went with inquisitor spells and took ones like Judgment Light in addition to VMC into inquisitor, to gain judgment and thus use those spells based on the ability. Nobody expects the Grizzly Inquisition (though it's going to be grizzly, for sure). Especially not Battlemind Linked ones with Greater Invisibility. Have them bask in your Overwhelming Presence.
Also, don't forget that Adept is a divine spellcasting class with some unusual stuff for divines, like Scorching Ray, Mirror Image or Minor Creation, if that strikes your fancy.

Treblain
2018-05-14, 09:26 PM
The inquisitor spell list has access to some unusual spells for divine characters. Invisibility/Greater Invisibility, Litany of Vengeance (and other Litanies), Burst of Speed, Flash Forward, Heroism, Handy Grapnel, Knock. Their list also has Chains of Light and Holy Word at lower level than clerics, and other cleric spells like Divine Favor and Divine Power (these and Flash Forward get interesting with an animal companion and Share Spells).

Palanan
2018-05-15, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Arkain
It'd even be somewhat cool if you went with inquisitor spells….

Originally Posted by Treblain
The inquisitor spell list has access to some unusual spells for divine characters.

This is just gold, thanks. Inquisitor it is.

Invisibility as a divine spell? Yes, please.