PDA

View Full Version : I need some Gnome puns

BBQ Pork
2018-05-14, 09:14 PM
I need some gnome puns. While I do not intend to fill my game with lots of puns, I would like a handful to pick from.

I intend to play a kind, female, Sweet Gnome named Arabana.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye5BuYf8q4o

And yes, Gnomes. will run the large Depot of hardware and tools.

Thank you.

JoeJ
2018-05-14, 09:39 PM
Gnome on the range.
Gnome sweet gnome.
There's no place like gnome.
You could have a linguist friend named Gnome Chomsky.

Nifft
2018-05-14, 09:54 PM
All roads lead to Gnome.

This is Gnome man's land.

Just Say Gnome (to drugs).

Fear of the Un-Gnome.

Coventry
2018-05-14, 10:08 PM
Check out Randall Munroe's xkcd #1704: Gnome Ann (https://xkcd.com/1704/)

An old one that I cannot remember the source of was Cyragnome de Bergerac ... he had a very long nose.

I used to be a gnome Ad, but I settled down.

JoeJ
2018-05-14, 10:27 PM
Check out Randall Munroe's xkcd #1704: Gnome Ann (https://xkcd.com/1704/)

An old one that I cannot remember the source of was Cyragnome de Bergerac ... he had a very long nose.

I used to be a gnome Ad, but I settled down.

Nice, but he left out that Gnome Ann is an island. Which I guess would be Gnome Ann's land.

Cespenar
2018-05-15, 02:50 AM
I think there was/is someone in this forum named Gnome de Plume.

Nifft
2018-05-15, 03:33 AM
Gnome-Ants of the Three Kingdoms

The clock-maker in the city is known as Tick-Tock, the Metro Gnome.

"The twins are different colors?" -- "Heterognomia."

"A candle-lit, Gnome-antic evening at home."

Dexam
2018-05-15, 03:41 AM
If your character is chosen for something, they've been Gnome-inated.

Of course, if anything strange or unusual happens to them, that would be an a-Gnome-aly.

comicshorse
2018-05-15, 04:02 AM
At least you can be sure you'll always have a Gnome to go to

Lvl 2 Expert
2018-05-15, 04:21 AM
And of course there's always the clairvoyant gnome on the run, the small medium at large.

I'd love to help you paddle out a few extra, but I have gnome oar.

Kaptin Keen
2018-05-15, 06:57 AM
There's no place race like gnome.

Fixed for you =)

Lord of he Dank
2018-05-15, 07:06 AM
Don't forget to use some simple height puns too.

"Sorry, that went over my head"
"I have a little problem with that"
"It's the Small things I do to help! Anything else would crush me!"

Corneel
2018-05-15, 09:32 AM
There are potential puns to be made on words ending in -nome: astro-gnome, gastro-gnome, agro-gnome,...

And of course if the gnome is a priest he might be a Gnome de Dieu.

JeenLeen
2018-05-15, 10:36 AM
Nomine is a Latin word for name (in a particular conjugation.) Some plays in Gnom-in-nay for a gnome based on True Names.

Pex
2018-05-15, 11:42 AM
"What's the name of that gnome"? "I'll ask her."

JoeJ
2018-05-15, 12:01 PM
When you go to a tavern order a half pint of short beer.

Jormengand
2018-05-15, 12:03 PM
Once the gnomes had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

Corneel
2018-05-15, 12:12 PM
Nomine is a Latin word for name (in a particular conjugation.) Some plays in Gnom-in-nay for a gnome based on True Names.
Gnome-en est omen? And if he has to hide his true name, he might need a gnome de guerre or a gnome de plume.

Mastikator
2018-05-15, 02:01 PM
Freeze! Gnome body move

The Glyphstone
2018-05-15, 02:05 PM
Show your enemies gnome mercy.

Corneel
2018-05-15, 02:25 PM
If your Gnome is a bard he might be a-Lutin'.

Altair_the_Vexed
2018-05-19, 07:45 AM
The Goblin King has you covered.

https://youtu.be/xZ_Wbjz8JTc

Grog Logs
2018-05-19, 08:56 AM
At my game last week, we realized a great way to raise capital for special projects: Gnome Fund Me

EccentricCircle
2018-05-20, 01:57 PM
I'm particularly fond of the itinerant Gnomes, who travel around in caravans; The Gnomads.

Also don't forget that if you hear a ticking noise while traveling on the Tube it is likely to be the Metro-gnomes.

M Placeholder
2018-05-21, 09:29 AM
If you come across a Gnome skilled in psionic powers revolving around Transportation, then it's a Gnomad.

JAL_1138
2018-05-21, 09:47 AM
Don't forget the branch of knowledge concerning the production, transfer, and consumption of wealth: reflected-sound-of-underground-spirits, or "echo-gnomics."

M Placeholder
2018-05-21, 10:55 AM
An ancient storyteller of the small folk, from the very start of recorded history - Gnomer.

Nifft
2018-05-21, 11:02 AM
The Gnome capital has a very highly respected monument dedicated to the outlanders from various races who helped defend them in battle.

It is the Tomb of the un-Gnome Soldier.

-- -- --

Since all roads lead to Gnome, half the traffic is Gnome-ward bound.

sengmeng
2018-05-21, 11:18 AM
So the hardware store is Gnome Depot? Is the leader tyrannical, a real gnome despot? How about clan Alaska? Do you know them? You know how to make a gnome mad? You burn down his home.

M Placeholder
2018-05-21, 11:26 AM
There is a Grimoire that contains all the spells that have ever been used by Gnomes (mostly illusion). It's called the Gnome of Magic.

Stelio Kontos
2018-05-21, 03:24 PM
A number of years ago, there was a small tribe of gnomes settled in a northern climate. They had agreed that all members of the tribe would have to vote on major decisions involving the entire group. One day, with a female one of their number far away hunting seals in arctic climates, it came to pass that a major flood befell the tribe's location. While most of the gnomes survived, most of their homes and crops had been utterly destroyed.

"We should travel to the north!" one gnome, who had (as was the custom of the tribe) been given the appellation "Baker" for his task of preparing various breads and pastries. "The rivers there are frozen over and there will be no floods!"

"No, we should travel to the south!" said another gnome, by the name of "Butcher" for equally obvious reasons. "In the desert, there are no rivers to flood!"

So, after much debate, the tribe voted -- and found themselves exactly evenly divided. They simply could not decide! Hours of back and forth swayed nobody. Finally it was decided that someone would have to search out the traveling gnome for their decision. A few gnomes volunteered, but it was decided that a younger gnome, heretofore without an accomplishment of note, would make the journey. "I'll ask her"

And so he traveled, for a number of days, across hills and valleys and frozen tundra. He traveled by mule, then by snowshoe, and finally by dogsled. The arduous travel proved too much for the young gnome, and frail and nearly overcome by the cold, he finally reached the missing member, described in detail the situation, and then expired. The traveling gnome returned, recording the sad tale, and rejoined her tribemates to make a decision.

It was decided that it would be appropriate, in gnomish tradition, to honor the life of the fallen by recreating the final steps of his journey, which eventually saved the tribe by the traveler's prosperous choice of relocation. And so it was that the annual dogsled race to Gnome "I'll Ask Her" was born.

erasedisknow
2018-05-22, 12:03 PM
IDK if any of these have been shown yet, but here's a few.
Show Gnome Mercy!
Gnome way, man!
etc.
Basically, just any instance of the word "No" in a common phrase can be replaced with "Gnome" and you have a terrible pun.

Pex
2018-05-22, 12:18 PM
Fe gnome ee gnome

Do doo de do do

Fe gnome ee gnome

Do doo dee do

Fe gnome ee gnome

Do doo de do do de do do de do do de do do do doo do

JAL_1138
2018-05-22, 01:11 PM
Once the gnomes had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

Billy was a Gnomish mage
But now he is Gnome ore
The glyph he'd thought was safe dispell'd
Cast Flesh to Stone once more.

Coventry
2018-05-22, 03:30 PM
There once was a wealthy man who employed gnomes to carve letters from the alphabet from wood. He got very sick, and his doctors were having a hard time figuring out what was the source of the problem. They tried all of the standard tests, which came up short. They turned to the use of divination, which finally gave the clue that the cause was "ungnome".

Well, the doctors misinterpreted that answer, and lined up all the gnomes worked for the man, so they could be interrogated. After sequencing his G gnomes, they finally figured out that the man had been bitten and was having an immunogoblin reaction to the bite.

I was originally thinking the man would turn out to be allergic to the wood, but I struck out finding a type of tree I could use to make another gnome pun. Ah, well. The goblin pun has to suffice.