PDA

View Full Version : Mad deity statue that brings about winter.

Draigasus
2018-05-15, 11:53 AM
Hello GITP, this is my first time posting here and I come searching for what I hope is a simple answer. I remember a passage in a certain 3.5 book describing an adventure hook where you had to stop someone from summoning the mad god of winter or some such. Part of the villain side included some craft checks to make the statue focus of the whole thing. Additionally it projected an ever increasing radius of cold that was worse near the middle. At the beginning of the same section there was a crystal eye/lens that did an eye of sauron impersonation. I've been unable to find this book/passage again and would love somebody toknow what I'm talking about. I appreciate any help you can give.

ColorBlindNinja
2018-05-15, 11:58 AM
It's called the Killing Frost of Ghulurak, and it's from the DMG 2, pg. 115.

Draigasus
2018-05-15, 12:01 PM
OMG, I feel like an idiot but thank you so much. I've been looking for the last 24 hours thinking I had imagined it.

ColorBlindNinja
2018-05-15, 12:03 PM
OMG, I feel like an idiot but thank you so much. I've been looking for the last 24 hours thinking I had imagined it.

Don't feel bad, it's not in the table of contents. It's tucked away under the heading, "Example Magical Events".