PDA

View Full Version : "...regain all expended spell slots... long rest." - what about extra slots?

spankherbooty
2018-05-16, 12:28 AM
In the Player's Handbook, page 101 under "spell slots" for sorcerers, it says "You regain all expended spell slots when you finish a long rest.". Nowhere in there, or anywhere else I've looked, does it say you lose any extra slots you've created. So by RAW, does that mean a sorcerer could spend days converting sorcery points to spell slots, replenishing his sorcery points with long rests, and then go off on an adventure with an arbitrary amount of level 1-5 slots?

I'm asking this because of what I've read about "coffeelocks" and never taking long rests. With sorcerers, by RAW it doesn't seem like it matters whether you take a long rest or not since it's, again, "...regain all expended spell slots..." and not "your spell slots reset to the amount you get at your level".

Jerrykhor
2018-05-16, 12:30 AM
From the PHB errata:

Sorcerer
Flexible Casting (p. 101). The created
spell slots vanish at the end of a long rest.

spankherbooty
2018-05-16, 12:34 AM
From the PHB errata:

Sorcerer
Flexible Casting (p. 101). The created
spell slots vanish at the end of a long rest.

Well -damn - how did I miss that? Anyway thanks - so is there any way to make this post vanish now?

Ninja_Prawn
2018-05-16, 02:39 AM
so is there any way to make this post vanish now?

You can report it to the mods and request deletion, but it's probably easier to just let it fall off the front page naturally. People will forget it in a few days.