PDA

View Full Version : Expansions for Arkham Horror

WarforgedTank
2018-05-16, 12:54 AM
Are they worth it? It's a pretty big investment, and the only people who play the game with me are my wife and my roommate. I was just curious if any of you have played them, and can help me decide if it would be worth my money to buy them.

Thanks!

Abemad
2018-05-16, 01:48 AM
Are they worth it? It's a pretty big investment, and the only people who play the game with me are my wife and my roommate. I was just curious if any of you have played them, and can help me decide if it would be worth my money to buy them.

Thanks!

Personally I prefer the small expansions, due to how the additional boards work.. It's a chore to go from one board to another - but you cant ignore them if enough portals/monsters/clues spawn on them.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2018-05-16, 10:22 AM
I find that Arkham Horror expansions are...

Well let's just say that I've played multiple games with multiple expansions, and other than using the new location cards/mythos cards/investigators/ancient ones, pretty much every time I've played without really engaging with the new expansion mechanics. I feel like (as with most things) Eldritch Horror managed to improve on making you actually WANT to move to their side-boards and interact with their expansion mechanics.