PDA

View Full Version : something about the immortal meet shield

meet shield
2007-09-05, 10:28 AM
Want you be called "Flagellum Dei"? Try this:
player level: 20
Race: Uman-feral-kissed by Loth
Level: Barbarian 1 ; Warrior 4 ; 1 Psion ; 1 Innate; 4 Furious Berserker ; 5 Bear fighter; change form fighter 3.
Obbligatory feats: excluse requisements): ira extra x 2, multiattack, multiattack improved.
Do you understand why it's the best or I have to teach you?:smallamused:
Plese, I want teach it to you!:smallwink:

ocato
2007-09-05, 10:40 AM
Why are you no speak english?

I am curious about this post, and would really like to hear what you have to say on the matter. You'll find this forum to be a lot more welcoming and your stay to be much more enjoyable if you make an effort to make your posts more readable. Elaborate on the stuff you mention, please, because this post makes no sense to me. Please excuse my ignorance.

Zim
2007-09-05, 11:13 AM
Plese, I want teach it to you!:smallwink:

Plese teetch me. Ik wan toknow whot is spellchicken your usin. :smallwink:

Seriously though, if English is not your first language, I apologize for ribbing you. If not, please spell check your posts and spend some time forming a cogent argument.

There are many well-built fighter characters and I'd love to read about yours, but please explain what you mean in plain (spell checked) English. :smallsmile:

PS I think I just created a new monster: The Spellchicken! :smallbiggrin:

Leadfeathermcc
2007-09-05, 11:21 AM
I now have a mental picture of Spellchicken the 30th level 4e fighter, repeatedly smashing his shield into some random immortal's face while yelling. "Zeus meet shield, shield meet Zeus!"

meet shield
2007-09-05, 11:48 AM
sorry for my english, but I am new and I also don't know what's the english version name of the class.
I start to the breed:
Uman: the best base whit his free feat extra and not penality.

Feral: (book of wild species) +4str -2dex +2cos -4int +2 wis -4Cha, level modificator:+1, bite attack, claw attack, spur attack. Special: on base of hit dice, a lot of special attack, like "leap". monster umanoid.

Kissed by Loth: +6 str +6 Cos. Modificator level:+1

Level:

Barbarian: base class, great cause rage. You need only one level. The feat extense rage and extra rage will do the rest.

Warrior: base class, you need a lot of feat. Four level for three feat aren't bad. And you need to qualificate for the prestige classe.

Psion and Innate: base class, complete manual of psionic arts. You need to cast the power "haste". whit one level in two prestige class you have sufficiently bonus power point (thanks a good charisma or intelligence, potence them with the macic obgect).

Furious berserker: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. you need of it for the fury (first level), and the immortal fury (fourth level)

Bear fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. now you can sacrifice one of your rage at day for transform your body in a brown bear (at the 5th level) (Big size, +16 str +2dex +8cos, bonus feats).

Changeform fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. In three level: immune to criticall, +4str +4cos, variably range 1,5m, and...you can create on you (with a movement action, use hurry) a tail or a horn...or other limb for another attck a turn (two thank the fury).

Now you understand? you are immortal on fury, you are stronger then a dragon, you have a lot of attack for round with a absurd bonus, and for the damage...:smallbiggrin:
Also, you are immune to the criticall, have rapid recovery 4 and a lot of special attack thanks the class bears fighter and the breed feral.

You are the biggest war machine of the world never see... better the terrasque too!:smalltongue:
At the 20th level...:smallamused:

Zim
2007-09-05, 11:50 AM
I was thinking more of a magical beast. It's just a normal chicken with a really high spellcraft skill that can telepathically tell you what spell is being cast. Of course, it only speaks chicken, so it's not very useful. :smallbiggrin:

"Oh no, Spellchicken! The BBEG is casting a spell! Tell me what is it so that I can counter it!"
"Bwaaaack! Cluck!" (pecks the ground)
"Thanks! You're the best, Spellchicken!"

PS I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying "Spellchicken". Not ever.
(edit)PPS to the OP: Thanks for explaining your multiform bear warrior, sounds pretty tough. I'm planning on a Druid/Nature's warrior that will have a similar amount of butt-kicking-ness. Sorry again for razzing you. :smallredface:

meet shield
2007-09-05, 11:52 AM
another time, sorry for my english, but I am Italian and I never post in a english forum after this time. In effect, I never talk to D&D in English!:smallfrown:

meet shield
2007-09-05, 11:56 AM
And what about the spellchicken's cooking?

Kioran
2007-09-05, 11:57 AM
the things I´ve grasped, so far, are that the build includes Bear Warrior, Warshaper and probably frenzied berserker - with some slightly off names due to italian. "Ira" (which is possibly fury, wrath or similiar, I take my hints from latin) is probably rage - only one barbarian lvl, so it stands to reason that you´ll want extra rage.
My wild guess is that our italian freind wants a build with insane constitution and strength scores, mainly constitution, so he can soak up incredible amounts of damage. And beyons all crude spelling jokes, I´d like to know if that was his intention and what the Psion in there is supposed to do (vigor?).

Zim
2007-09-05, 11:59 AM
Sorry, Spellchicken only has Spellcraft as a skill. Profession: Cook is way beyond him. Besides, do you really want to eat what a chicken cooks? :smallyuk:

meet shield
2007-09-05, 12:08 PM
the Psion and the Innate are there cause, if you use the psionic power "Hurry" (an immediate action) you have a movement action extra for potenziate you with metamorfic weapons (changeform warrior, 3rd level).
And with this combo you don't do only a lot of damage, but you are immortal to and immune to a lot of kind. Do you know a better warrior?:smallannoyed:

Arakune
2007-09-05, 12:15 PM
sorry for my english, but I am new and I also don't know what's the english version name of the class.
I start to the breed:
Human: the best base with his ffree extra feat and no particular penality, plus the extra skills and any favored class.

Feral: (book of wild species) +4str -2dex +2con -4int +2 wis -4Cha, level adjustment:+1, bite attack, claw attack, spur attack. Special: on base of hit dice, a lot of special attack, like "leap". monster humanoid.

Kissed by Loth: +6 str +6 Con. level adjustment (LA):+1

Level:

Barbarian: base class, great because of rage. You need only one level. The feat extense (extended?) rage and extra rage will do the rest.

Warrior (Fighter?): base class, since you will need a lot of feats. Four levels for three feats aren't bad and you need then to meet the prerequisites for prestige classes.

Psion and Innate: base class, complete manual of psionic arts. You need to cast the power "haste". With one level in two prestige class you have sufficiently bonus power points (thanks to a good charisma or intelligence, potencialize(?) them with the magic object).

Furious berserker: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. you need it for the fury (first level), and the immortal fury (fourth level)

Bear fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. now you can sacrifice one use of rage to transform yourself in to a brown bear (at the 5th level) (Big size, +16 str +2dex +8con, bonus feats).

Changeform fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. In three level: immune to criticall, +4str +4cos, variably range 1,5m, and...you can create on you (with a movement action, use hurry) a tail or a horn...or other limb for another attack at each turn (two, thanks the fury).

Now you understand? you are immortal while on fury, you are stronger than a dragon, you have a lot of attacks for round with a absurd bonus, and for the damage...:smallbiggrin:
Also, you are immune to criticall, have fast healing 4 and a lot of special attacks all thanks to the bears fighter and the breed feral.

You are the biggest war machine that the world will ever see... better than terrasque too!:smalltongue:

Okay, my english are not the best one but some minor changes to make it at least understandable by the people. Also, what are your first language? Mine is portugese(BR) if anyone are curious.

Zim
2007-09-05, 12:20 PM
Obviously, I've gone off my rocker, so here's my roughed out idea for:

Spellchicken
Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Tasty)
Hit Dice: ¼ d8 (1 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), fly 20 ft. (clumsy –Have you ever seen a chicken fly?)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-13
Attack: Peck +0 melee (1d2-5)
Full Attack: Peck +0 melee (1d2-5)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Smite good
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, darkvision 60ft., telepathy (tells all allies what spells are being cast...in chicken), spell lore (ex immediately knows when and what spell is being cast)
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +2
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 3, Wis 14, Cha 6
Skills: Listen +2, Spot +2, Spellcraft +3, Profession (cook) +3 (for you Meetshield)
Feats: Skill focus Spellcraft
Environment: Any chicken-aligned plane
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/6
Alignment: Always lawful-tasty
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment:

Telonius
2007-09-05, 12:48 PM
For organization - solitary, or flock of 5 (led by one Colonel).

Leadfeathermcc
2007-09-05, 12:52 PM
Don't worry about the teasing Meet Shield, if I tried to write in any language except English it would be horrible. Worse than horrible actually. I just could not help myself as meet and meat sound the same but have different meanings. You are doing just fine.

Eldritch_Ent
2007-09-05, 12:57 PM
This sounds like a good build, Meet Shield. I will have to try it sometime. :smallbiggrin:

I wonder how many Spellchickens it would take to defeat such a warrior? :smallconfused:

Leadfeathermcc
2007-09-05, 01:05 PM
It has been done.

http://home.comcast.net/~mvanzomeren/spellchicken.jpg

Image found at http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Fairy-Magic-Chicken/dp/0395479452

Darrin
2007-09-05, 01:06 PM
[edited for clarity]
Race: Feral (template, +1 LA) Lolth-Touched (template, +1 LA) Human
Level: Barbarian 1 ; Fighter 4 ; 1 Psion ; 1 [not sure, Ardent or Wilder?]; 4 Frenzied Berserker ; 5 Bear Warrior; Warshaper 3.
Obligatory feats: Extra Rage x2, Multiattack, Improved Multiattack.

The psionic power you call "Haste" I think would be referred to in English has "Hustle". Adding the Arctic and Wild racial templates from Dragon #306 would also improve it's melee capabilities without any additional Level Adjustment.

Yes, it's a very strong melee build that uses two overpowered templates. Unfortunately, a mid-level or even a low-level mage could render him meaningless or helpless. For example, magic missile could easily send him into a frenzy (and nothing here says it has a great Will save), and then it automatically fails Reflex saves, in which case a 1st level grease spell renders him almost immobile. There's nothing here on how to deal with an invisible or flying wizard. Calm emotions cancels the barbarian's rage, and a maximized shivering touch still drops you without a saving throw.

Zim
2007-09-05, 01:12 PM
It has been done.

http://home.comcast.net/~mvanzomeren/spellchicken.jpg

Image found at http://www.amazon.com/Wizard-Fairy-Magic-Chicken/dp/0395479452

ROFLMAO! I am so ordering a copy for my 4 year old son! Thanks!

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-05, 01:35 PM
I start to the breed:
Uman: the best base whit his free feat extra and not penality.

Feral: (book of wild species) +4str -2dex +2cos -4int +2 wis -4Cha, level modificator:+1, bite attack, claw attack, spur attack. Special: on base of hit dice, a lot of special attack, like "leap". monster umanoid.

Kissed by Loth: +6 str +6 Cos. Modificator level:+1

Level:

Barbarian: base class, great cause rage. You need only one level. The feat extense rage and extra rage will do the rest.

Warrior: base class, you need a lot of feat. Four level for three feat aren't bad. And you need to qualificate for the prestige classe.

Psion and Innate: base class, complete manual of psionic arts. You need to cast the power "haste". whit one level in two prestige class you have sufficiently bonus power point (thanks a good charisma or intelligence, potence them with the macic obgect).

Furious berserker: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. you need of it for the fury (first level), and the immortal fury (fourth level)

Bear fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. a very good class. now you can sacrifice one of your rage at day for transform your body in a brown bear (at the 5th level) (Big size, +16 str +2dex +8cos, bonus feats).

Changeform fighter: prestige class by complete warrior. In three level: immune to criticall, +4str +4cos, variably range 1,5m, and...you can create on you (with a movement action, use hurry) a tail or a horn...or other limb for another attck a turn (two thank the fury).

Now you understand? you are immortal on fury, you are stronger then a dragon, you have a lot of attack for round with a absurd bonus, and for the damage...:smallbiggrin:
Also, you are immune to the criticall, have rapid recovery 4 and a lot of special attack thanks the class bears fighter and the breed feral.

You are the biggest war machine of the world never see... better the terrasque too!:smalltongue:
Okay, for people still having trouble reading this, I'm going to take a crack at translating:

I start with the race:
Human: free feat and no penalty.
Feral: from Savage Species. Template gives +4 str -2 dex +2 con -4 int +2 wis -4 Cha, level adjustment: +1, and a claw/claw/bite attack.
Special: Adds one HD and several special attacks, and changes type to Monstrous Humanoid.
Lolth-Touched (I think): template adds +6 str +6 Con, LA +1. Not sure where this is from.

For classes:
Barbarian: One level for rage. You only need the one level if you take Extend Rage and Extra Rage.
Fighter: You need a lot of feats for this build, especially to qualify for the Prestige Classes, so four levels of Fighter are recommended.
Psion and Innate: Needed for the Hustle psionic power. (The Innate is apparently some kind of class from Complete Psionic. Not sure about this, since I don't have that book).
Frenzied Berserker: Prestige Class from Complete Warrior. Take it for Fury (level 1) and Undying Fury (level 4).
Bear Warrior: Prestige Class from Complete Warrior. Level 5 lets you turn into a Dire Bear.
Warshaper: Prestige Class from Complete Warrior. By level 3, you get: immunity to critical hits, +4 str +4 con, variably range 1,5m (not sure what that means), and you can give yourself an extra natural attack, such as a tail or horn, with a move action (which you can gain using the Hustle psionic power), which is another attack per round, or two with Fury.

This creates a nasty melee fighter, I agree. To summarize:

Feral Lolth-Touched Human Barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Psion 1/Innate? 1/Frenzied Berserker 4/Bear Warrior 5/Warshaper 3.

Recommended feats beyond the class prereqs are Extra Rage (twice), Multiattack, and Improved Multiattack.

This gives a ton of attacks, a lot of damage while furying, Immunity to crits, +14 Str and +12 Con before you turn into a bear and start raging, and a lot of other neat stuff. Unfortunately, with a total +2 Level Adjustment and One HD of monstrous humanoid, it's an ECL 22 Build. I'd lose the psionics personally, as Hustle is useful, but not necessary to the cheese of this build. I'm also unsure as to the legality of Lolth-Touched/Kissed by Lolth on a non-Drow, and the LA on it is of course absurdly low, as it is with Feral. Still, this is a neat melee damage-dealer.

I also like the OP's suggested name for this: "Flagellum Dei", the Whip of God. Makes perfect sense if equipped with a Spiked Chain.

meet shield
2007-09-05, 01:40 PM
Yes Darrin. I know all there.
firstly, a fly wizard don't have future cause you also can use "haste" ( or how you want call it) for fly, too, and charge immediatly the wizard and kill them. True Vision (in a obgect, of course) can see the invisible. exist a macic obgect of being you immune to the mental intrusion. But, now yet, the wizard have the power. He also have to cast force cage with a prismatc wall inside and for you finish the game... now you understand why I hate the wizards?

meet shield
2007-09-05, 01:44 PM
now I want hide me... english hate me!:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Fhaolan
2007-09-05, 01:45 PM
I just like the name "Flagellum Dei".

Yeah, I think my players are going to encounter something like a Chaotic Evil Anti-Paladin Whipmaster any moment now. That name just inspires. :)

meet shield
2007-09-05, 01:47 PM
So, Zim... what about if I want to eat a spellchicken?:smallconfused:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-05, 01:47 PM
now I want hide me... english hate me!:smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:
The language? Maybe. But us English-speakers here aren't going to hate people who legitimately don't speak English.

Maybe you'd get less silly responses to your idea if you posted on an Italian-language message board, though.

And yeah, Wizards are overpowered.

horseboy
2007-09-05, 01:52 PM
That is impressive. Where is this kissed by Loth from?

Also, Meet means "to come to"
Meat means "Carne"
They're homophones (they sound the same).

meet shield
2007-09-05, 01:52 PM
Thanks, Nerd-o-rama. And for your work here too. But how the hell can you understand all I writed here?

Darrin
2007-09-05, 02:00 PM
Thanks, Nerd-o-rama. And for your work here too. But how the hell can you understand all I writed here?

He can understand you because while English isn't you're primary language, you're speaking Whoopass, and most of the people here, mechanically speaking, speak Whoopass pretty fluently.

Unfortunatelly, I have absolutely no idea how to translate "Whoopass" into Italian, but from what little I know about Romance languages, I think "Flagellum Dei" may be a pretty close translation.

(I also find it quite interesting to see English terminology translated into Italian and then translated back into English, a lot like using Babelfish filters to translate web pages just to see what sort of wacky language comes out.)

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-05, 02:00 PM
Guessing and context, mostly. It helps that I'm fairly familiar with most of the things you mentioned, and could recognize them from description.

Plus, I just have a knack for languages. Latin-based ones, anyway, Japanese completely baffles me.

ocato
2007-09-05, 02:03 PM
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, we get a lot of english speaking people who are less than scholarly about writing the language and it is sometimes frustrating. I claim no perfection either, its a rough language. The idea seems neat, but I can't find some of the PrCs-- don't have my complete warrior with me. Suffice it to say, it plays into my recent interest in the barbarian class, I will certainly look into this further and thank you for the inspiration.

Ciao!

FireSpark
2007-09-05, 02:27 PM

Don't worry about. Most of us get what you're talking about. Even if it is made with sligtly broken mechanics, in this case the templates. (Okay, so maybe the balance of the templates is completely non-existant, but I was just trying to be nice.) :smalltongue:

Zim
2007-09-05, 02:43 PM
So, Zim... what about if I want to eat a spellchicken?:smallconfused:

They're the perfect combination of fluff and crunch. That and, like most magical beasts, they taste like chicken. :smallbiggrin: The only problem is catching one since they're found only tasty aligned planes like the elemental plane of crispy batter or the 9 layers of herbs and spices. (ducks...I mean chickens:smalltongue: )

Leadfeathermcc
2007-09-05, 03:00 PM
Also if you travel long enough you might be able to get a free range spellchicken at no cost even on the material plane.

Zim
2007-09-05, 03:05 PM
That's a normal chicken, this is a magical chicken. I think she's priceless! :smallbiggrin:

Leadfeathermcc
2007-09-05, 03:28 PM
It is impossible to enslave a magical chicken, they are too powerful, therefore a Spellchicken must be free.

tannish2
2007-09-05, 03:32 PM

i spend all day around people who dont speak english fluently (but for them its sad, because its the only language they even attempt) and while its hard to read, your doing pretty damn good for someone who isn't using a translator, and all the ideas are there.

also remember this is the INTERNET
where "i am good at this"="ROFL PH33R MY 1337 SK1ILLZEDZNESS BITCH"(<<<NEVER talk like that) we can read just about anything.

also, monk/favored soul/tatooed monk/pious templar/paladin/barbarian with luck feats is the true immortal meat sheild, if its evil make paladin blackgaurd and add hexblade 3 and you dont even need pious templar. insane saves in all categories. insane AC. evasion to counter fireballs ect. mettle to counter save-or-die with after effects. great movement speed and some cool favored soul spellcasting for auxilary healing. not to mention luck feats that let you reroll saves, so that you dont fail 1 in 20 saves.

Fax Celestis
2007-09-05, 03:33 PM
Lolth-Touched is in the MM-IV and is applicable to just about any creature.

skywalker
2007-09-05, 03:41 PM

It's easy to understand what you write, however, the ego you bring with it makes me(at least) slightly less willing to listen.

Telling me you want to teach me does not make me want to learn.

meet shield
2007-09-06, 05:32 AM
Well, Tannish2, your combo that's no bad, but what about if I tell to you of my combo have STR 56 and CON 40(whitaut equipment) and have at the 4th round 19 attck for round, with insane bonus? And he move to 30m for round, if he need, with gratuit action, if there is something to kill on him walk.
And it's immortal, too...:smallwink:

tannish2
2007-09-06, 09:20 PM
yours focuses more on health, while mine focuses on not being slaughtered by spells or poison, but mine would work with a couple barbarian and bear warrior levels, and templates. i only built it to level 13 when i did it, so there 7 levels to play with. and its still got some pretty insane move speed. you could even add in the master thrower cheese if you needed some damage output.

BCOVertigo
2007-09-06, 10:42 PM
I'm sorry. (http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-142565.html)
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/failure.jpg

There's always a bigger fish, and even if you are qualified to teach you must always be ready to learn.
I apologize for the meanness of this post but I couldn't stop myself. :(

Bassetking
2007-09-06, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry. (http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-142565.html)
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/failure.jpg

There's always a bigger fish, and even if you are qualified to teach you must always be ready to learn.
I apologize for the meanness of this post but I couldn't stop myself. :(

Pfft. The Hulking Hurler. That's child's play compared to my baby. (http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-855878.html)

BCOVertigo
2007-09-07, 12:13 AM
Pfft. The Hulking Hurler. That's child's play compared to my baby. (http://forums.gleemax.com/archive/index.php/t-855878.html)

Like I said, always a bigger fish....or smaller depending on the size of the shuriken it needs to use to deal infinite damage....Eh I'll just stick to my simple cancer mage thank you very much.

Alleine
2007-09-07, 12:13 AM
Hehe, I'm playing that Hulking Hurler in a campaign, but I'm not being too broken with it. My DM would cry.

I'm glad I'm playing him though, because one of our players decided to go into the frenzied berserker PrC. This allowed him to kill, I believe, 5 out of 6 Sand Worms(I'm not entirely sure if thats what they were) that exploded upon dying, then killed the leader of our group. I was the only one in the party that had a chance of stopping him. Yay for grappling and rendering him effectively useless till frenzy wears off and that extra 200 damage catches up with him! Although, we didn't really know how the grapple rules work, we mostly assumed I won with a base grapple of 41.

And Meet Shield, your English isn't bad, trust me. I know people who have been speaking English for years, and are much worse than you.

tannish2
2007-09-07, 12:52 AM
well, mine isnt for damage, mine is for living. meat SHIELD not general warrior character. and if you have an AC so insane that you cant be touched without a natural 20, saves and luck feats so taht you never fail a save+evasion+mettle and i can do that by level 13, which leaves 7 levels to just play around with, have fun, and add even more cheese.

Seatbelt
2007-09-07, 01:36 AM
I'm taking Italian 101 in University/college. Yay for me. :D