PDA

View Full Version : Weapon of legacy viable? Bullybasher's Gauntlets ...

schreier
2018-05-16, 05:08 PM
I've always been fascinated by the weapons of legacy, even though the prefab examples are bad. The only two I can even consider are Bright evening star and the bullybasher's Gauntlets.

Right now, I'm on a monk kick, so an trying to come up with a build that for the Gauntlets.

First question - do they work with the monks unarmed damage progression?

Second - if the answer is yes, how would they work with the necklace of natural weapons?

Third - if you were going Legacy Champion, what 3 powers do you replace, and with what?

If it works with the monk damage, it would scale pretty well with levels.

Thanks in advance
schreier

Mike Miller
2018-05-16, 06:18 PM
1- Gauntlets are listed as dealing unarmed attacks, so they should work with monk attacks. The bigger problem is that monk's aren't proficient with them and they aren't a monk weapon. Therefore, even if you gain proficiency with them, you can't do a flurry with them.

2- Gauntlets are not natural weapons, they are gauntlets. I don't see the necklace interacting with the gauntlet.

3- (lack of opinion)

Mato
2018-05-16, 06:28 PM
Third - if you were going Legacy Champion, what 3 powers do you replace, and with what?Grab cunning, it gives immunity to being flat-footed, and you can probably replace just about anything. You should just ask your DM if you can make your own item of legacy.

ViperMagnum357
2018-05-16, 06:34 PM
1 Consensus is your damage advances while using a gauntlet, since the entry specifies such a strike is treated as an unarmed strike apart from dealing lethal damage by default.

2 The Necklace functions as if you have a single natural weapon, since a Monk's unarmed strike is considered both natural and manufactured. Most players just enchant a gauntlet, which can also be made out of specific materials and does not eat your amulet/necklace slot. You can only get your enhancement bonuses once, so there is no real point to using the necklace in addition to a gauntlet; unless you are combining with other attacks for varying effects.

3 No comment, never given any serious though to using the system.