PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone go to Dragon*Con this passed weekend?

the_elf
2007-09-05, 12:20 PM
It was fun! I'm still trying to gather pictures that friends took at the convention.

Saw this costume:
http://www.atlrpg.com/forum/files/shadow_creature_oots_801.jpg

We also saw a few of the OOTS team, but I'm not sure who snapped that pic.

EDIT: Wow. Tough crowd. :(

MariettaGecko
2007-09-05, 06:36 PM
I was there. I had a good time, and also saw that costume. It was rather amusing. Unfortunately, I didn't get a lot of time to go people-watching, as I spent most of my time helping to run the Space and Science tracks, as I was staff for those two.

Incidentally, does anyone know anything about the mapping site that was being advertised at the con? it's supposed to be some sort of collaborative mapping service which is currently in some sort of closed alpha/beta right now. Apparently it's supposed to have all sorts of neat features.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-05, 06:42 PM
You mean the one at http://www.d20pro.com? I had a look at it. Looks intriguing.

Went, hung out, didn't do a hell of a lot. Tried to watch the Buffy Horror Picture Show, but they kept moving it.

Foeofthelance
2007-09-05, 08:19 PM
You mean the one at http://www.d20pro.com? I had a look at it. Looks intriguing

I actually participated in one of the arena matches the D20Pro guys were running with the software, and it was fun. (Took second place using a Monkey-Gripping Dwarf. Only lost because the other guy had 5 more AC.) I'm actually looking towards purchasing the software for use at home. They were running a simple no-magic kind of fight, but that was mostly for timing purposes rather then program issues. The DM actually managed to fix a few things on several characters mid-games, as well as having the ability to fudge as necessary.

I also managed to get a picture of the OotS costume team. If I get my film devoloped any time soon I'll see what I can do about posting it here.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-09-05, 09:01 PM
Heh. I think I saw you. I was the guy who walked in with five minutes left in the match and then bugged the d20Pro guys for their program specs and business card. Got splattered to about -112 HP by a minotaur, didn't you?

the_elf
2007-09-06, 10:07 AM
Did anyone see the "Deport Pedro" guy? Funny stuff! :)

http://www.atlrpg.com/forum/files/deport_pedro_160.jpg

I didn't see the d20pro demo. Was it clunky, or was it pretty smooth? Is it the sort of thing where it does all of the rolls and keeps up with all of the math for you? I really should have sat in for more of the demos.

MariettaGecko
2007-09-06, 10:39 AM
No, I didn't see the D20pro thing. I was talking about Kayudamaps.com. I kept seeing signs and fliers all over the place, and am unsure whether it is any good when it comes to trying to generate maps. I am specifically looking for a method of generating a couple of pseudo-random maps. I need one of a series of islands and another of a coastline of a mainland-style area, but haven't yet found a mechanism by which to generate these things yet. I'm not particularly good at drawing this sort of stuff by hand, so I was kinda hoping to use a program or something.

daggaz
2007-09-06, 04:27 PM
Omg that d20pro thing looks just f-in sweeeet! Nice!

Foeofthelance
2007-09-06, 08:33 PM
Heh. I think I saw you. I was the guy who walked in with five minutes left in the match and then bugged the d20Pro guys for their program specs and business card. Got splattered to about -112 HP by a minotaur, didn't you?

Nope, I actually ended up splattering their minotaur both times I had to face him. As well as the centaur, gnome, and human I had to fight. I was playing in the Friday 10 p.m. match, and ended up losing to a Lizardfolk Knight who had so much AC that even if I hadn't been Monkey Gripping I still would have needed crits on.

As for the program, not only did it keep up with all the math and such for you, it also gave you the option to disregard it entirely. All hits, misses, and crits had to be confirmed by the DM as such, and he could pick whichever one he wanted when he wanted. Like I said, it worked and was fun.