PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Mercury and David Bowie in DnD?

Pikashell
2018-05-17, 01:47 AM
Hello people. I asked this question in a facebook group and now I ask here. I want to put david bowie and freddie mercury in my campagin as dnd charcters. I have literally no idea how to do that. Like should they be bards or not? What race? What spells? Stats? Im not expirienced with transfering people from real life to dnd and im lost. If you've got an advice or any ideas comment on the post. Thank you in advance!

hymer
2018-05-17, 03:02 AM
Hello people. I asked this question in a facebook group and now I ask here. I want to put david bowie and freddie mercury in my campagin as dnd charcters. I have literally no idea how to do that. Like should they be bards or not? What race? What spells? Stats? Im not expirienced with transfering people from real life to dnd and im lost. If you've got an advice or any ideas comment on the post. Thank you in advance!

If you absolutely must make them as PCs: Bard is obvious, as is Expertise in Perform. Bowie is a Shifter Changeling, while Mercury is a Variant Human with the Resilient (Wis) Feat.

But really, they should have an NPC stat block. The place to start is The Rise of Tiamat, which is the only place I know there are stats for a god.

Ninja_Prawn
2018-05-17, 04:43 AM
stats for a god.

Hah.

There are demon princes in one of the other books, right? Escape from the Abyss, was it?

But on a more serious note, I would be willing to help with NPC start blocks when I get home from work. Also, I've been working on musical subclasses for all the other (i.e. non bard) classes. The Rockstar (http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/05/rockstar.html) rogue was published last week. Might be of interest.

nickl_2000
2018-05-17, 06:31 AM
Make sure to describe them in really, really tight leather pants.

Mercurias
2018-05-17, 06:39 AM
Variant Human Lore Bard for Mercury. Half-Elf Glamour Bard for Bowie.

nickl_2000
2018-05-17, 06:49 AM
Variant Human Lore Bard for Mercury. Half-Elf Glamour Bard for Bowie.

I don't know, I feel that Bowie could also be a Goblin. He is, after all, the Goblin King

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/4c/81/aa4c815b48a911130de10c65619f2015.jpg

the_brazenburn
2018-05-17, 06:52 AM
They need a combined ability that will crush their foes. You know, by putting them "Under Pressure".

:smallcool:

Good luck! I would be super excited to help pick out spells based on their songs. Already got a couple ideas in mind.

alchahest
2018-05-17, 08:28 AM
If you absolutely must make them as PCs: Bard is obvious, as is Expertise in Perform. Bowie is a Shifter, while Mercury is a Variant Human with the Resilient (Wis).

But really, they should have an NPC stat block. The place to start is The Rise of Tiamat, which is the only place I know there are stats for a god.

I would make one change: Bowie would be a Changeling, not a Shifter. Shifters don't really change appearance that much, staying brutish and hairy and just ... getting brutisher and hairier.

changelings are the ones that can change their looks every album.

sophontteks
2018-05-17, 09:17 AM
If they aren't glamour bards, you are doing it wrong. That archtype was created with these rockstars in mind. They made it real simple since they made a glamour rockstar archtype.

Race. Well, they are human. But you can do what you want. Freddie as an Aasimar would be cool.

Petrocorus
2018-05-17, 09:17 AM
Obviously, they both should have a super-high Charisma.

Mercury's moustache should probably count as a magic item.

I remember the Moonwalker game on Sega back in the days. In this game, Michael Jackson had the ability to entice people into dancing when he was, up to exhaustion. It was his main attack power.
The Mask also had this ability in the movie.
That would be a cool ability for one of them.

Moredhel24
2018-05-17, 01:31 PM
I'm going to say Bard/Rogue multiclass for both.
1. Bowie = Glamour Bard/MFoV's Rockstar Rogue. Maybe Fey Warlock for goblin king persona
2. Mercury = MFoV's Beard Bard (choose either pencil mustache or soulpatch but fluff as mercury's chevron)/Rockstar Rogue

http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/04/beard-bard.html
http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/05/rockstar.html

Petrocorus
2018-05-17, 02:13 PM
http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2018/04/beard-bard.html

Amazing!
I wonder where Neil deGrasse Tyson would fit in this.

Samayu
2018-05-17, 08:59 PM
Bowie always seemed rather elfin to me.

Desteplo
2018-05-18, 12:04 AM
David Bowie:
Glamour bard/enchanter wizard

Looking at that face is mesmerizing. If we’re talking labyrinth that bulge was main stage before he was

hymer
2018-05-18, 01:55 AM
I would make one change: Bowie would be a Changeling, not a Shifter. Shifters don't really change appearance that much, staying brutish and hairy and just ... getting brutisher and hairier.

changelings are the ones that can change their looks every album.

You're absolutely right. I'll amend my post accordingly.

Bowie always seemed rather elfin to me.
Well, as incdicated with his chameleon powers, he can certainly seem elfin. But here's a portrait of a 'basic bloke' version of him:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/38100000/David-Bowie-david-bowie-38151797-500-500.jpg

Pikashell
2018-05-18, 07:21 AM
They need a combined ability that will crush their foes. You know, by putting them "Under Pressure".

Good luck! I would be super excited to help pick out spells based on their songs. Already got a couple ideas in mind.

Would love to see your spell ideas! : )

Ivor_The_Mad
2018-05-18, 07:45 AM

That would be awesome. I assume it would be like the spells you made for the Beatles?

KorvinStarmast
2018-05-18, 07:50 AM
Bowie: based on the movie The Man Who Fell to Earth, it would be appropriate for Bowie to be either an Aasimar or Tiefling bard. Glamour would be fine. He's an outsider. (Ref also Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars ...) Background of outlander or far traveler fits.

Freddie; You have to multiclass him with a level in Champion. :smallbiggrin: Beyond that, pure bard, performance with Entertainer Background.

We are the Champions, my friends ....

GooeyChewie
2018-05-18, 07:52 AM
Freddy should be a Tempest Cleric who attack’s with thunderbolts and lightning. He’d be very very frightening.

Actually, I should make a PC like that. I’ll name him Galileo. Galileo Figaro.

Ninja_Prawn
2018-05-18, 08:59 AM

Pretty sure Galileo Figaro was the protagonist of the Queen musical, We Will Rock You, actually.

ErHo
2018-05-18, 09:17 AM
Freddy should be a Tempest Cleric who attack’s with thunderbolts and lightning. He’d be very very frightening.

Ugh... Dad!!

GooeyChewie
2018-05-18, 09:31 AM
Pretty sure Galileo Figaro was the protagonist of the Queen musical, We Will Rock You, actually.

So we should have an Earth Genasi in the party?

GlenSmash!
2018-05-18, 10:30 AM

Don't forget the Urchin Background...

I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.

2D8HP
2018-05-18, 10:38 AM

*groan*

Freddie; You have to multiclass him with a level in Champion..[/I]

*groan*

Oh the pain!

So we should have an Earth Genasi in the party?

So many puns!

Make it stop!

Don't forget the Urchin Background...

I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.

*curls up in a corner shaking*

GlenSmash!
2018-05-18, 10:46 AM
Fiend Warlock with Beelzebub patron.

I mean how else would he get the devil put aside.

hymer
2018-05-18, 11:07 AM
*curls up in a corner shaking*
Time to get up, performer. Show must go on!

Pikashell
2018-05-18, 11:11 AM
Maybe even Bowie could make halflings grow up and become cows. Or even maybe call up hi buddy lennon to help the party get some fame

2D8HP
2018-05-18, 11:15 AM
Maybe even Bowie could make halflings grow up and become cows. Or even maybe call up hi buddy lennon to help the party get some fame

That's the final straw!

I'm leaving now to see if there's Life on Mars!

Randomthom
2018-05-18, 11:15 AM
Freddie Mercury would dual-wield the Microphone flail and the ½-Mic-stand club.

Both wear Glamered armour!

hymer
2018-05-18, 11:26 AM
That's the final straw!

I'm leaving now to see if there's Life on Mars!

If you're going to the red planet, don't forget your red shoes, Major!

the_brazenburn
2018-05-18, 01:02 PM
Would love to see your spell ideas! : )

Here's a few off the top of my head.

Don't Stop Me Now: Reroll a failed save (or autosuccess).
Under Pressure: Bludgeoning damage, probably concentration.
I'm Going Slightly Mad: Give an opponent short-term madness.
Killer Queen: Create a large explosion, then reveal all invisible opponents (dynamite with the laser beams).
I can make more, given a day or so.

I'm not as much a Bowie fan; I'd need a little more time for that.

That would be awesome. I assume it would be like the spells you made for the Beatles?

Yep. See above.

Oh, and 2d8HP?

I Want It All (the puns, I mean).

Pikashell
2018-05-18, 01:39 PM
Here's a few off the top of my head.

Don't Stop Me Now: Reroll a failed save (or autosuccess).
Under Pressure: Bludgeoning damage, probably concentration.
I'm Going Slightly Mad: Give an opponent short-term madness.
Killer Queen: Create a large explosion, then reveal all invisible opponents (dynamite with the laser beams).
I can make more, given a day or so.

I'm not as much a Bowie fan; I'd need a little more time for that.

Yep. See above.

Oh, and 2d8HP?

I Want It All (the puns, I mean).
Id say even dragon attack. You summon a litteral dragon to attack. Obviously...

the_brazenburn
2018-05-18, 04:03 PM
Id say even dragon attack. You summon a litteral dragon to attack. Obviously...

Same for Ogre Battle.

Yeah, I could do this all day!