PDA

View Full Version : Creation Spell....use it every slow day?

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-05-17, 12:37 PM
So does this spell let my character creat a five foot diamond every time she has 12 hours to kill?

Is there an erratica for this or I am reading it wrong, right?

Tanarii
2018-05-17, 12:47 PM
As i read it, it takes one minute to cast, and lasts 10 min for a gem.

Hobbo Jim
2018-05-17, 12:51 PM
Not quite. First, as noted above a diamond would be considered a gem, not a crystal (though actual definitions might not agree, Per DnD I think that's how that works).

Second, it's Duration that varies, not casting time. So the item you create lasts for that amount of time, i.e. it's a temporary item at best and a fake at worst. So that diamond that you created will disappear in 10 minutes time, back to shadowy essence.

strangebloke
2018-05-17, 01:09 PM
The real question is, can you use it as a spell component?

MarkVIIIMarc
2018-05-17, 03:10 PM
The real question is, can you use it as a spell component?

That is a good idea. I had to read slower though. There is a sentence in it which reads "using any material created by this spell as another spell's material component causes that spell to fail.

It would seem a great way to rip off a party which needed a diamond to resurrect someone...or rip off a jeweler....

Honestly I misread the casting time and duration aspects. In a minute my pc can create something mithral which sticks around for a minute.

I can create vegetable matter which sticks around all day. Talk about a chance to feed ppl then leave them hungry a day later! Supermodels would love it!

The Gems, precious metals and crystals that stick around for between 10 minutes and 12 hours probably give you the best chance to have fun.