PDA

View Full Version : Player Help warforged cleric help

LordWolfKnight
2018-05-17, 01:15 PM
alright so i decided to go warforged cleric for a game. now the focus of this character is going to be repairing myself and healing the party while fighting during combat. because i don't like prepared casting i am going with the spontaneous divine route and was wondering if spontaneous domain casting would be worth it for the repair spells, because as far as i know clerics don't get repair x damage spells except with the warforged domain is this a good idea.i do plan on taking levels in fighter as i don't need full cleric levels for this build

what say you good people of the playground?

Uncle Pine
2018-05-17, 01:34 PM
If you're planning to take fighter levels just take crusader levels instead as they'll serve you much better. This way you can also pick a few healing strikes, which unlike Conjuration (healing) spells have full effects on warforged characters.

Afgncaap5
2018-05-17, 01:37 PM
You could theoretically have a lot of fun with this build, though it might not be as optimal as you'd want, depending on your definition of optimal. What other domain are you considering? And do you know if there will be other warforged in your party, or other constructs that you can expect to see?

BowStreetRunner
2018-05-17, 02:06 PM
...because i don't like prepared casting i am going with the spontaneous divine route...Besides spontaneous domain casting, how were you planning on going the spontaneous divine route with regard to the rest of your spells? Favored Soul is the spontaneous divine casting class, but they don't get the Repair spells or domains.

Falontani
2018-05-17, 02:48 PM
Unearthed Arcana has Spontaneous Clerics and Druids; Spontaneous Clerics have their domain slots added to their normal slots, and their domains just add spells known (pretty awesome)

If you can adapt the prestige class: Ordained Champion to the Sovereign Host, and worship the Sovereign Host then you can have a lot of fun as a melee cleric (without even persist cheese). Look into adding a level or 4 of Sovereign Speaker for access to more domains while cutting a CL or two (so your not the best at everything). I would not suggest a fighter level or two, instead think about Ruby Knight Vindicator or something like it. Use prestige classes to showcase your martial prowess.