PDA

View Full Version : Player Help hello all

pyros
2018-05-17, 07:03 PM
so this is a first time for me on one of these sites, but im in a game right now that is dnd 3.5 an pathfinder acessable. im looking for ideas because right now my character is a bloodrager and im looking for feats like improved spell capacity because i want higher then 4th lvl spell capability. so i was just curious if anybody had any ideas for me.or even of there some thing better.

DeTess
2018-05-18, 12:39 AM
Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Let me start with a couple of questions that will allow us be more helpful. You said that dnd 3.5 and pathfinder where both accesible. Does that mean all the books? Can you use Tome of battle? Dragon compendium? Serpent kingdoms?
Secondly, what do you consider 'better'? Without further explanation, the answer is 'wizard', but since you're playing a bloodrager I suspect you've got a more specific concept in mind.

Edit: Oh, and what's your build right now and what level do you expect to reach in your campaign?

pyros
2018-05-18, 01:06 AM
So for book all I got so far is no 3rd party publishing for pathfinder or dnd3.5 an as for lvl I'm sure since the plan is to go epic I don't know how high specifically we will go but I know the last time this dm did an epic game we played till around lvl 26 right now my character is a half feind who has the celestial bloodline because of who his parent were in the last campaign an feat wise is very melee orientated

pyros
2018-05-18, 01:09 AM
An as for betterwise something that give you more then one additional spell lvl

DeTess
2018-05-18, 01:27 AM
AFAIK, the only way to increase the level of spell you'll get access to above that given by your class before epic levels is to take levels in a different class. Maybe take a look at 'Urpriest'? It requires you to be evil, and has a decent amount of skill requirements, but it's one of three dnd 3.5 prestige classes that gets 9th level spells in 10 levels. I don't remember the names of the other two, but one had a lot more complicated entry requriements, and the other one only got you 1 spell of every spell level.

Edit: the other two classes are sublime chord (which basically requires you to have levels in bard) and divine crusader (which only gives 1 spell known per spell level).

Fouredged Sword
2018-05-18, 08:15 AM
An odd, but useful idea would be to take up a demon flavor and go Nar demonbinder at 14th level.

You need some way to get a summon monster spell on your list.

Basically you trade your bloodrager levels from 14 to 20 for 4th to 8th level spells with a demon summoning flavor.

I am picturing a bloodrager with an abysal bloodline with good charisma learning to embrace his demon blood and become a gateway to the lower relms and allowing his outsider cousins through to savage his enemies.

You need to find a way to add a single summon monster spell to your spells known though. Not sure the nest way to do this.

pyros
2018-05-18, 09:13 PM
so what im seeing is not alot feat wise but the demonbinder does look tempting it wouldnt b till epic lvls anyways thank u guys for ur suggestions

Goaty14
2018-05-18, 09:35 PM
Secondly, what do you consider 'better'? Without further explanation, the answer is 'wizard'

Somebody should sig this, IMO

Edit: the other two classes are sublime chord (which basically requires you to have levels in bard) and divine crusader (which only gives 1 spell known per spell level).

Apostle of Peace also exists, though I can understand why you wouldn't mention it.