PDA

View Full Version : Did I do this right? (D20 Aegis help)

Drache64
2018-05-17, 09:38 PM
Brand new to this class and been studying off and on for 3 days...
I'm level 3
Astral Armor: 4 customization points.
2pts: Initiator's Soul
- Disciplines: Sleeping Godess, Elemental Flux, Riven Hour Glass
--Stance: Riven Hourglass Stance: You gain a +4*dodge*bonus to your AC, a +4 on*initiative*checks,*immunity*to*slow, and a 20% miss chance against magical effects that target you.
--3 Maneuvers: Time Skitter, Energy Lance, Raging Flux.

1pt: Additional Maneuvers
- Probability Twist
- Reactive Reversion

1pt: Additional Maneuvers
Energy Spark
Adamant Will

And If I am understanding this correctly I can gain haste for 4 turns (IM is INT my INT is +4)
Use a standard action to recover Time Skitter then gain haste for 4 turns again...

Also my AC is: 22
6 (astral armor) +2 (DEX) + 4 (Dodge Bonus from Riven Hourglass Stance) +1 (haste {time skitter})
As a counter I can gain + 4 AC (insight bonus from adamant will) for a total of 27

This seems... broken. (not to mention +2 STR from brawn) if I am correct, I could make something even more broken if I tried.

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-17, 10:01 PM
No, you did not do it right. As an Aegis, you use the table on this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/abilities-for-other-classes/) to determine the highest level maneuver and stance you can learn. At level 3 you are limited to 1st level maneuvers, so Riven Hourglass Stance is unavailable for you to select until 7th level. Time Skitter is also not available to you.

The level of the maneuver does not match your character level. They level the same way spells do, more or less, with 9 levels of maneuvers spread out over 20 levels of character progression. Although as an Aegis, you're actually limited to 6th level maneuvers unless you spend feats to access the higher level maneuvers.

Drache64
2018-05-17, 10:11 PM
No, you did not do it right. As an Aegis, you use the table on this page (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/abilities-for-other-classes/) to determine the highest level maneuver and stance you can learn. At level 3 you are limited to 1st level maneuvers, so Riven Hourglass Stance is unavailable for you to select until 7th level. Time Skitter is also not available to you.

The level of the maneuver does not match your character level. They level the same way spells do, more or less, with 9 levels of maneuvers spread out over 20 levels of character progression. Although as an Aegis, you're actually limited to 6th level maneuvers unless you spend feats to access the higher level maneuvers.

AH! that makes much more sense! thank you!

Elricaltovilla
2018-05-17, 10:15 PM
AH! that makes much more sense! thank you!

Happy to help. Hope you enjoy the class. It's a favorite of mine.