PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What to by for my Sorcerer

Zefir
2018-05-18, 04:20 AM
Hello there,

currently I seem to Struggle with my character. Mostly because I don't really know what to buy for him.

To my char:
It's a level 9 Sorcerer Tiefling Div Spawn (Abyssal Bloodline)
For Spells I fokus on Summoning (picked it on every Level) and have only one or two spells that rely on my charisma.

For my current gear I got:
Crown of Dexterity +4
Armor Bracelets +3
Ring of Protection +2
Amulett of natural Armor +1
Pearl of Power 1st (barly used)
Staff of Fire

I'm aware that I could build up my AC, but as a summoning mage I allways stand in the backline and if not I summon a frontline. So this is not my favorit choice. I also got the option to increase the stats, but as mentioned thatdoesn't strength my spells other then getting a 1st and 2nd spellslot.

For books we mostly go with Basic and advanced Players guide while others need permission from the master.

If I missed any information needed for you to help don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advanced.

Kurald Galain
2018-05-18, 04:47 AM
The best item for sorcerers is the Page of Spell Knowledge.

Consider a Numerology Cylinder, Bracers of Armor with Spell Storing, Quick Runner's Shirt, Eyes of the Eagle, and Circlet of Persuasion.

zlefin
2018-05-18, 06:43 AM
getting a cloak of resistance is always handy; even in the backline you might get hit by spells.

Geddy2112
2018-05-18, 09:12 AM
+1 to circlet of persuasion. It helps with any check that is charisma based, making it absurdly powerful.

A cracked dusty rose prism is 500gp for +1 initiative, an absolute steal.

Ring of sustenance is always good, as is a handy haversack, traveler's any tool, ioun torch, and sleeves of many garments if you do anything disguise related. A wand or scroll of utility spells or even other spells if you have good UMD.

Consider gloves of arrow snaring. Standing in the back your biggest threat is ranged characters, and with low AC and hp you could be pincushioned easily. Being able to auto miss 2 ranged attacks a turn can really save your bacon. Gloves of elvenkind are also a good hand slot option.

Topaz
2018-05-19, 08:47 PM
For any character who casts Summon Monster a lot you can't beat a Quicken Metamagic Rod (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9o63), though an Extend Metamagic Rod is less expensive and can still be pretty useful.

Zefir
2018-05-23, 08:05 AM
Thanks for your advice.

circlet of persuasion Sounds nice, but sadly we have less RP scenes to make use of Charisma. (A DM thing)

Forgot the Cloak of resistance I got which is already +2

Calthropstu
2018-05-23, 02:05 PM
Circlet of persuasion is also great if you want to go into planar binding later.
I noticed you didn't have a headband for charisma... pick one up to increase dc of spells.
Other items:
Rod of extend would do well for your summons.
Wand of fireballs might do well too.
Staff of fire or other staff to increase your spells available.
A magic crossbow if you feel like having a non spell solution.
A magic vest might be worth looking into. As a summoner, ac really isn't needed much. Protection from arrows will protect you from most archers, and good tactics will eliminate melee attacks.

EldritchWeaver
2018-05-24, 05:38 AM
Consider a ... Quick Runner's Shirt...

That item has been nerfed to the ground. 1 or maybe 3 times per day.