PDA

View Full Version : Any new Undead in Tomb of Foes?

DireSickFish
2018-05-18, 09:52 AM
Are there any new undead in Tomb of Foes? What CR are they at?

I'm running a game and there seems to be quite a larage gap between zombies/skeletons and the upper tier undead such as Death Knights, Vampires and Liches. Might have to default to the Bodak as my big bad but I was wondering if we get any new undead to play with that aren't epic level monsters.

Millstone85
2018-05-18, 10:14 AM
It is "tome" of foes.

Undead include the deathlock (CR 3, 4 & 8), vampiric mist (CR 3), allip (CR 5), boneclaw (CR 12), skull lord (CR 15) and nightwalker (CR 20).

You can mine this picture (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dc8lOElWkAAsuR4.jpg) for other MToF monsters that might be undead.

Smitty Wesson
2018-05-19, 10:45 PM
If Bodak is an indication of the CR range you're looking at, this book will offer an improvement or two. The Sword Wraith Commander is CR 8 and looks like a fantastic big bad for a lower-level campaign - advantage against turning effects (which it grants to fellow sword wraiths), and an ability to summon CR 3 Sword Wraith Warriors to help it out. Millstone85 mentioned the Deathlocks, and they also look great for the purpose - Deathlock Mastermind works if you want the undead to be more meaty and less ghosty than the Sword Wraiths.