PDA

View Full Version : Card Boss Monster Card Game

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-18, 05:00 PM
I got the whole Boss Monster Card Game Series. I got the Original Boss Monster, Boss Monster 2: The Next Level, Boss Monster: Tools Of Hero-Kind, Boss Monster: Implements Of Destruction, and Boss Monster: Crash Landing. If you're unfamiliar of this card game, the object of this card game is where the players are the villains and their main goal is to kill the heroes and gains souls to win the game. I play by myself sometimes even though it a multi-player card game. And I used the hero cards (with the exception of Explorer Heroes) to make D&D 3.5 character sheets which comes in handy. :smile:

Jama7301
2018-05-18, 06:05 PM
Game is pretty fun, even as a 2 player sort of thing. I will say, the expansions for the first edition are very helpful and make the game more interesting. There are not a lot of choices you make in the core game beyond deciding which rooms to build. Once the rounds start, if you don't have any applicable spell cards, you're just waiting for the math to play out. The Items at least give you an extra lever to play with, which I enjoy.

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-18, 06:09 PM
Game is pretty fun, even as a 2 player sort of thing. I will say, the expansions for the first edition are very helpful and make the game more interesting. There are not a lot of choices you make in the core game beyond deciding which rooms to build. Once the rounds start, if you don't have any applicable spell cards, you're just waiting for the math to play out. The Items at least give you an extra lever to play with, which I enjoy.

I agree. And also the heroes and villains are very original even though some characters are from pop culture. :smile:

Velaryon
2018-05-18, 07:41 PM

Yeah, if there was one change I would make to Boss Monster, I'd like for spell cards to be more common. It's far too easy to empty your hand and then spend most of the game with basically nothing in your hand, unless you get your hands on the right dungeon rooms.

That said, the game really is a lot of fun.

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-18, 07:47 PM
Yeah, if there was one change I would make to Boss Monster, I'd like for spell cards to be more common. It's far too easy to empty your hand and then spend most of the game with basically nothing in your hand, unless you get your hands on the right dungeon rooms.

That said, the game really is a lot of fun.

In all honesty there's so many spell cards in Boss Monster. So you won't ran out of spell cards in your hand.

danzibr
2018-05-22, 02:02 PM
I only had played the original, but had a good time.

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-22, 02:17 PM
I only had played the original, but had a good time.Cool. I play by myself and it's fun. :smile:

Knaight
2018-05-22, 04:52 PM
I liked this conceptually, and I wanted to like it in practice. Having played it though, it's just too mechanically shallow for how long it takes to set up and play.

Bartmanhomer
2018-05-22, 06:10 PM
I liked this conceptually, and I wanted to like it in practice. Having played it though, it's just too mechanically shallow for how long it takes to set up and play.

Yeah that depends how many players and the numbers of cards you have available. When it comes to 2 players the time is very short. But when it comes to 3 to 6 players the time is a lot longer than expected.