PDA

View Full Version : Blue Rose: Has Anyone Played it?

SodaQueen
2018-05-18, 09:32 PM
So I was at a second hand book store the other day and found this absolutely beautiful screen (http://cdn.paizo.com/image/product/catalog/GRR/GRR6502.jpg) for a game called Blue Rose included in the "Narrator's Kit." It came with some quick reference tables and a couple of pregenerated characters, including a sentient wolf because apparently talking animals are a normal player race in this RPG.

It looks really cool and uses the same system as the Dragon Age RPG which I happen to own and think is pretty neat. I definitely want to check it out further but wanted to get some thoughts and experiences of people who have played it before?

thorr-kan
2018-05-19, 09:25 AM
Blue Rose is the precursor to Green Ronin's True20 generic RPG. It's been described as "early Mercedes Lackey, the RPG."

I have not played it nor read it. I have read over and purchase a bunch of True20 once upon a time.

SodaQueen
2018-05-19, 11:20 AM
Blue Rose is the precursor to Green Ronin's True20 generic RPG. It's been described as "early Mercedes Lackey, the RPG."

I have not played it nor read it. I have read over and purchase a bunch of True20 once upon a time.Ooo, as a Mercedes Lackey fan, I'm even more interested lol

thorr-kan
2018-05-19, 01:46 PM
https://roninarmy.com/forums/14-Blue-Rose

Not real busy. But has some recent activity.

Knaight
2018-05-23, 02:42 AM
There's a few drastically different versions too - it essentially gets re-released to fit different systems every so long.

LibraryOgre
2018-05-23, 09:42 AM
I looked at a very early version of it (it may have been 1st printing), but haven't, since. I'm also a Valdemar fan, so it was an intriguing start.

Beleriphon
2018-06-01, 02:13 PM
There's a few drastically different versions too - it essentially gets re-released to fit different systems every so long.

Current rules are using Fantasy AGE, which the system Green Ronin did for the Dragon Age license they got a few years back. Incidentally the posted picture is the current rule set version as well.