PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Epic Level 19-20 Boss stats

Eldablade242
2018-05-19, 09:20 AM
I am currently running Pathfinder's Serpents Skull adventure path for a group of my friends. However in the second module a player's orc barbarian had Dominate Person cast on them by a succubus and was subsequently ordered to accept a Greater teleportation once they had both taken damage by the rest of the party.

The dilemma is this... In the text it says that the succubus (cr7) can attempt to come back later and extract revenge on the party. I was wondering if any of you had any ideas on ways to bump up her stats to make her more of a challenge for the party at the later levels. The Orc Barbarian also said his characters motivations are solely based on fighting to prove himself so I was going to have him level up and join her as well. I figured this would be thrown shortly after the end of the big boss fight. The party consists of a bard, cavalier, gunslinger, sorcerer and sometimes druid.

So in short I was wondering if any of you had any experience with "leveling up" monsters, or ideas for a great barbarian build/equipment at level 18-20. Any questions feel free to email me.

Thanks,

Eldablade

MeimuHakurei
2018-05-19, 01:25 PM
First of all, Succubi really don't like to get into direct combat, avoiding it whenever possible. You can have her convince higher-ranking demons (or evil clerics and whatnot) to work with her, finding just the right works to make the cooperation work.

Anyways, the quickest and easiest way to boost the two is to give class levels - the Orc could probably get more barbarian levels and become the Succubus' champion, whom I'd scale up with Sorcerer levels or maybe Antipaladin ones.