PDA

View Full Version : Hexblade to prestige class.

Sirildor
2018-05-20, 04:04 PM
So I am playing a dex based hexblade. Thinking about switching to a prestige class. Was considering arcane archer. But not 100% set in stone. Looking for some thoughts.

Zaq
2018-05-20, 04:08 PM
What does your build currently do, and what do you want it to do?

What books do you have available?

What are your goals for what the character's abilities should be?

What current build elements (levels, feats, skills, race, etc.) are already locked in?

What level are you right now, and what level do you want to build for?

Thurbane
2018-05-21, 03:05 PM
It would really help if we knew more about the character, level etc.

Are you looking to boost melee prowess, casting, or both?

Here's a Hexblade handbook, anyway (it doesn't talk about PrCs a lot): The Hexblade's Handbook (http://dictummortuum.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/hexblades-handbook.html)

Sirildor
2018-05-21, 06:58 PM
Currently lvl 4. 18 dex. 16 cha. 12 st. Don’t have stats right in front of me. But was just looking for other ideas hat would work well with hex. AA is not set in stone. LN alignment. Considering pushing my alignment towards evil as part of the campaign.

Sirildor
2018-05-21, 07:04 PM
Main skills are diplo and bluff.

Zaq
2018-05-21, 08:19 PM
I’m sorry, but you really didn’t answer any of my questions. Your actual ability scores are only of marginal importance. What does the character do? What do you WANT them to do? What have you already locked down? Do you have any book restrictions? Help us help you, here.

Falontani
2018-05-21, 08:41 PM
what feats do you have? what is your race (I am assuming elf)

Rebel7284
2018-05-21, 08:47 PM
Hexblade 3/Paladin of Tyrany 2/Ur Priest X is a build I see a lot. Excellent saves. Excellent Melee prowess early when it's most important. Access to world-shattering spells later when those are needed.

Since you have a good Charisma, you probably get a lot of Turn Undead attempts which you can use by taking Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, and Divine Metamagic[Persistent Spell] to make a few of your spells last all day.