PDA

View Full Version : GitP Urban Dead EKer Group- Please Join

Gaelbert
2007-09-05, 08:40 PM
This was tossed around in the Urban Dead discussion thread, and now here it is. Urban Dead is a free zombie MMO. If you don't play it, you're missing out. Here's the link. (http://www.urbandead.com/)
We are making a group for the Giants in the Playground forum. WE are not pro-survivor, death cultists, PKers, trench coaters, or pro-zombies. We are EKers, which means we attack everyone. This is just a test and has never been done before, but I feel it has potential. We will not accept spies or zergers, but other than that, we are an equal opportunity employer.
Our very own board is right here. (http://cultofbanjo.proboards104.com/index.cgi) Please register and post there.
We plan on attacking malls in zombie hands, malls in survivor hands, basically anything that catches our eye. I cannot stress this enough. We accept zombies and survivors. Right now, I think we will try to get everybody to come to Ruddlebank, but we will be nomadic. If you wish to join, simply post your profile link here, tell us where you are and add GitP to your group name. If I find that many people are already in the same area, we may move our staging grounds for now.
If you PK one of our members, you will be kicked from the group. If you are a spy, you will be kicked from the group. If you spy on other groups with alts, you will be kicked from the group. If you zerg, you will be kicked from the group.
That is all, and I hope to see you in Malton.

LordVader
2007-09-05, 08:46 PM
We need to broadcast as widely as possible across the Wiki, and the PKer board, that we are not PKers, specifically, otherwise we won't get a revive, ever. And that'd be bad.:smalltongue: Link coming later.

My suggestion is we designate an area as our home base, preferably away from any large, well-organized zed or survivor groups, and kill anyone who "intrudes" on our privacy. Of course, we will not accurately define boundaries. The better to attack people unfoundedly and then make wild, untrue claims of "intrusion" and "malicious intent".:smallamused:

Crispy Dave
2007-09-06, 12:41 PM
i played befor my acounts been blown up by the mods but ill try it again

Mephisto
2007-09-06, 03:03 PM
It's been done. (http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/DARIS) A long while ago, originating from a bigger forum (Something Awful). It didn't work, mainly because the other survivor groups didn't like them and got together to stomp them.

Of course, as a pro-zombie player, I'd still encourage you to go ahead with your plan. Confusion to the harmanz, cheers, etc.

LordVader
2007-09-06, 04:06 PM
Of course, we'll be attacking zeds with equal prejudice.:smalltongue: I say, designate an area as our "lair", and viciously curbstomp anyone who encroaches.

Korias
2007-09-06, 06:32 PM
Of course, we'll be attacking zeds with equal prejudice.:smalltongue: I say, designate an area as our "lair", and viciously curbstomp anyone who encroaches.

Aye Aye. I'll see if I can find my way there from Ackland. Which direction is it?

heretic
2007-09-06, 06:36 PM
Does this group have a name?

Crispy Dave
2007-09-06, 06:53 PM
im at diaper auto repair in wray hights right now baracaded in with another survivor i have no idea how to ge anywhere and im not sure where to go

Gaelbert
2007-09-06, 07:10 PM
I like the Church of Banjo for a name, but it's up for debate.

nathkry
2007-09-06, 07:11 PM
My alt (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi) will join, as soon as he gets his infection cured. He is currently in west grayside.

Gaelbert
2007-09-06, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Ruddlebank is a Very Dangerous suburb in the southwest.
I think we should go with the religous crusade angle. Convert or die. And we could explain zeds and humans working together through the power of Banjo.

nathkry
2007-09-06, 07:14 PM
Yeah it is, but we could probably run past the horde of zombies and hide out in New Arkham until the Horde moves on.

Crispy Dave
2007-09-06, 07:16 PM
no the first house of crabs

nathkry
2007-09-06, 07:23 PM
I think we should go with the religous crusade angle. Convert or die. And we could explain zeds and humans working together through the power of Banjo.

That could work, although it would be rather similar to D.A.R.I.S.

Tekraen
2007-09-06, 07:34 PM
Heh, I'm down.

My zed profile (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=980140)

LordVader
2007-09-06, 08:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Ruddlebank is a Very Dangerous suburb in the southwest.

The Church of Banjo is a must. All the way. :smallamused:

Tekraen
2007-09-07, 07:57 AM
The Church of Banjo is a must. All the way. :smallamused:

Ruddlebank isn't too bad, actually. My zed's down there now munching on several harmanz who decided to sleep outside. Not for those without free running, perhaps.

LordVader
2007-09-07, 06:53 PM
My alt doesn't have Free Running yet. I'll just get t3h XP up as a zed and then revive.:smalltongue:

nathkry
2007-09-08, 10:02 PM
I'm in ruddlebank now, at suter boulevard police department, and it seems that there are quite a few other survivors here. Feel free to join me.

LordVader
2007-09-08, 10:22 PM
Well, if we're going straight survivor group, I would suggest we operate out of a Moderate suburb, maybe across the border from a Dangerous. That way, we make sweeps and then get back to safety. Also, we need to pick a 'burb first.

nathkry
2007-09-09, 11:52 PM
Everyone who is interested in joining this group, The Church of Banjo (or whatever we are going to call it) or who is in it should join my alt at St. Piran's Church at 14, 85 in Ruddlebank to begin work on our base of operations (for now at least).

nathkry
2007-09-11, 10:57 PM
Is anyone still interested in joining this group, or does no one care about it anymore?

Verruckt
2007-09-12, 04:35 PM
i'm up for some mayhem, but if we are going for the insanity and bedlam angle, then we may want to be the "Cult of Banjulhu", or if wanton slaughter is more your cup of tea, The Word of Belkar has potential, anyway, just some suggestions, also, my linky http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1002482

Korias
2007-09-12, 04:53 PM
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=842430

Blue XIII, My Zed.

http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=789440

DragoonLavitz, My Survivor. Currently in need of a Revive, southwest cemetery of Ackland Mall.

Gaelbert
2007-09-12, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure if this idea is done for or not. We don't have too much interest it seems, but if we can find more people then I guess we could start it up. However, since my schoolwork has caught up with me, I don't know how good of a leader I can be. If anyone wants to take charge or co lead, go on ahead.

StickMan
2007-09-12, 09:37 PM
OK I'm trying this out any advise for me?

Gaelbert
2007-09-12, 09:46 PM
Read the wiki guides. And just a suggestion, I wouldn't make your first character a PKer. I don't know if that was what you were planning on doing, but this is a EKer group, so I wanted to warn you. Those bounty Hunters can be a pain.

nathkry
2007-09-17, 05:36 PM
I'll be willing to lead the group.

Current group membership (as far as I know).
coolgaelbert
LordVader
Tekraen
Verrukt
Korias
and myself, of course

Undeclared
crispydave
Mephisto
StickMan

Post here stating your intention if you want to join (or pm me if you really want to)

OK I'm trying this out any advise for me?

Reading the wiki guides would probably help (I didn't myself, but i was a zed for a while to get experience). I started as a necrotech lab assistant (or whatever they're called), and ran around as a zed munching on other zeds to get zp, and spending it when I was rezzed.

I am currently sitting in St. Piran's Church (14, 85) in Ruddlebank, so if you could come join me, it would make coordinating our efforts so much easier.

Does the profile Graywulf belong to anyone? He is with me in the church, and I was curious if I knew him or not.

Gaelbert
2007-09-19, 08:34 PM
Yah! I made it to our holy ground.

heretic
2007-09-19, 08:37 PM
I'm not joining this group. My alt is probably going to kill you if he sees you, so stay out of Yagoton.

Gaelbert
2007-09-19, 08:42 PM
I'm not joining this group. My alt is probably going to kill you if he sees you, so stay out of Yagoton.

Do you happen to have a particular reason why this sudden change?

heretic
2007-09-19, 08:44 PM
Do you happen to have a particular reason why this sudden change?

It's not very sudden. I've always been anti-PKer and just contributed to this idea on the purely hypothetical level. Plus, I've been trying to kill Nathkry for a long time now...well not really trying. Just KoS, but he's never in the vacinity.

nathkry
2007-09-20, 12:19 AM
It's not very sudden. I've always been anti-PKer and just contributed to this idea on the purely hypothetical level. Plus, I've been trying to kill Nathkry for a long time now...well not really trying. Just KoS, but he's never in the vacinity.

I might have to embark upon a pilgrimage soon, then. Actually, I am by fort creedy with one of your characters (I forget which), but am a zed on the streets taking out 'cades.

Congrats, gaelbert on making it to the Church. Currently, I think the most important thing for the group to do would be a) level up, and b) gather supplies for eventually securing our stronghold. I would type more, but bed awaits. Until tomorrow, then.

Gaelbert
2007-09-21, 06:56 PM
And now, gaelbert and tehcomedian proudly present "The Board!" (http://cultofbanjo.proboards104.com/index.cgi) We've finished most everything, but every once in a while we may stick in a new board or category. If you wish to join the group, please post in the Join board, and we'll set you up with full board membership.

nathkry
2007-09-24, 06:25 PM
Even if your name is listed on the group roster on the first page of this thread, please go to our other forum and register there. It will help a lot with all aspects of the group. Thank you.

Gaelbert
2007-09-24, 07:08 PM
Even if your name is listed on the group roster on the first page of this thread, please go to our other forum and register there. It will help a lot with all aspects of the group. Thank you.

Seriously. We made a wonderful new world for you to enter, and we have only three people there, including tehcomedian and I.

nathkry
2007-09-25, 10:40 PM
Seriously. We made a wonderful new world for you to enter, and we have only three people there, including tehcomedian and I.

Yeah, I know. It's getting to be kind of embarassing.

Gaelbert
2007-09-27, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I know. It's getting to be kind of embarassing.

What he said. Come on, people! Show some spirit!

Tekraen
2007-09-28, 08:18 AM
I signed up for an account this morning. I'll change my zed over as he's at Tikhon General right now, enjoying the AYCE harmanbargarz buffet.

nathkry
2007-09-28, 04:55 PM
I signed up for an account this morning. I'll change my zed over as he's at Tikhon General right now, enjoying the AYCE harmanbargarz buffet.

Excellent! Now, if you could please post your username and a profile link in the recruitment thread, then that would be great.

nathkry
2007-09-30, 09:48 PM
We are now officially going to have a race to the church. It's just for fun, so join in if you feel like it. Whoever gets there first gets street cred or something. See you there!

Tekraen
2007-10-01, 08:32 AM
Excellent! Now, if you could please post your username and a profile link in the recruitment thread, then that would be great.

Never got the original auth code. Waiting for the new code, then I'll take care of eet.

Samiam303
2007-10-01, 04:48 PM
I'm making my way to the mentioned church, I'm currently a recently-killed zombie in Grigg Heights, waiting for AP to come back.

nathkry
2007-10-05, 09:49 PM
That's good news, it would be nice to establish more of a prescence.

Tekraen-I sent you the code for the operations and who's who section of the board. I think that was what you meant, but if not, tell me what you are looking for.

I put a new poll up in the operations section on what our radio frequency should be. If everyone could vote, that would be a great help.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-06, 01:23 PM
I want to join where is this church?

Gaelbert
2007-10-06, 02:08 PM
It is in central Ruddlebank, conveniently located next to a PD and a hospital, along with a RP. (14,85) (http://map.aypok.co.uk/index.php?suburb=82) are the coordinates.

Gaelbert
2007-10-17, 09:13 AM
We are still recruiting, and desperately need a person who can make a wiki page.

Tekraen
2007-10-17, 09:53 AM
That's good news, it would be nice to establish more of a prescence.

Tekraen-I sent you the code for the operations and who's who section of the board. I think that was what you meant, but if not, tell me what you are looking for.

I put a new poll up in the operations section on what our radio frequency should be. If everyone could vote, that would be a great help.

To quote Dynamo, "I'm here. I'm ready."

I meant the original auth code to validate my account, but I got it and am running. I'm thinking I might be more use as a zed than a harmanz right now, since everyone seems to hinge on me being a Zed spy I may as well eat the 'lil jerk who keeps on spouting it.

Headless Gunner
2007-10-23, 11:58 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm always supportive a groups that doesn't discriminate in who it kills. I'm leader of the Creedy Guerilla Raiders, a PKer group in the Pitneybank/Peppardville area. We target whoever we feel like and usually take on the largest groups in the game for the challenge. Currently we're griefing the DEM.

Come see us. We're not as bad as our reputation. PKers are people too, just nasty ones. :smalltongue:

http://cgrhq.proboards80.com/index.cgi

Gaelbert
2007-11-06, 08:25 PM
ZZZZZT

It's alive!
I've noticed a lack of activity recently. Just reminding y'all that we still are alive.