View Full Version : is a blood hunter gunslinger fight a good idea

Amdy_vill
2018-05-21, 07:50 AM
so would a blood hunter gunslinger be a good combo or if i want the blood hunter stuff should i just gain proficiency in fire arms

Mikal
2018-05-21, 08:51 AM
so would a blood hunter gunslinger be a good combo or if i want the blood hunter stuff should i just gain proficiency in fire arms

What exactly is your end point and concept with the character? I think that's needed before answering.
Fighter as a mutliclass is usually good with blood hunter but if you can get firearm prof. without going gunslinger you might be better served with other subclasses like Battlemaster (superiority dice are great) or if UA is allowed, Brute (for even more damage boosting)

Amdy_vill
2018-05-21, 09:16 AM
What exactly is your end point and concept with the character? I think that's needed before answering.
Fighter as a mutliclass is usually good with blood hunter but if you can get firearm prof. without going gunslinger you might be better served with other subclasses like Battlemaster (superiority dice are great) or if UA is allowed, Brute (for even more damage boosting)

so my dm has a custom alchemy system and i as think of playing a gunslinger that make potions and poisons, kind of being a buff/debuff guy in the party using bullets to fire debuff and handing out potions before fights. i was looking over the blood hunter and saw the order of the mutant and look through its abilities and found them to fit my idea better. i am looking a both classes and i think it could be a good idea to take 3 fight gunslinger and the rest blood hunter as this gives e guns and the nice abilities as well as access to the blood hunters abilities that i think fit the idea better. i could take prof in gun from a feat my dm has but i don't think i can get gunsmithing that way witch is why i stuck with taking levels in gunslinger.

Mikal
2018-05-21, 09:23 AM
so my dm has a custom alchemy system and i as think of playing a gunslinger that make potions and poisons, kind of being a buff/debuff guy in the party using bullets to fire debuff and handing out potions before fights. i was looking over the blood hunter and saw the order of the mutant and look through its abilities and found them to fit my idea better. i am looking a both classes and i think it could be a good idea to take 3 fight gunslinger and the rest blood hunter as this gives e guns and the nice abilities as well as access to the blood hunters abilities that i think fit the idea better. i could take prof in gun from a feat my dm has but i don't think i can get gunsmithing that way witch is why i stuck with taking levels in gunslinger.

Well gunslinger is front loaded enough for 3 levels to work. Personally I like 4 levels for the feat/ASI to not be delayed, but you also delay Extra Attack from Blood Hunter that way. If you really want guns and don't want to waste a feat on learning them, it's the best way to do so. Just remember they want/need a good wisdom in addition to dex, though you can probably make Con a secondary stat.

Amdy_vill
2018-05-21, 12:27 PM
any tips like feats and other things i should take?

Mikal
2018-05-21, 12:39 PM
any tips like feats and other things i should take?

Sharpshooter is always good. (oh, see if the DM will allow you to use the archery style with guns. Most do, but you never know...)
Beyond that, the skies the limit.
I'd make sure your Dex is 20, and you'll want to get a decent Wisdom as well, for your gunslinger features. Honestly most ranged characters don't need much from a feat perspective, and since you want three stats as high as possible your ASI/Feats might be better placed in stats instead. If you have any odd scores you can always choose a feat to cover.

If you're elven elven advantage is always good.