PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild for new twist on story

ZorroGames
2018-05-21, 09:27 AM
Riswynn Battlehammer rebuild. Adding Xanathar to PHB.

Short mechanics changing aspects

Paladin 1/Hexblade 1/Paladin 2.

OR

Paladin 2/Shadow Sorcerer 1

Story would be on her intended way to the Oath of Vengeance she either

1) Finds her soul warped (no emo!) by internal power welling up inside her and never take the Oath.

Or

2) A “mysterious entity”.offers her an “alternative” to achieving vengeance. “Emo Special Snowflake” is not the goal despite the potential conflict.

Stats
ST 16
DE 10
CO 15 (first ASI boost)
IN. 8
WI 12
CH 15 (first ASI boost)

Path 1 - Paladin 2, Sorcerer 1. Goal Paladin 2 and Sorcerer 5+.
Easy Peazy. Choices, Draconic (-) or Wild Magic (-) Storm (-) but prefer Divine Soul (+) or Shadow (+) for origin.

Path 2 - Paladin 1, Hexblade 1, Paladin 2. Goal Paladin 6 with the possible Oath/Patron clash and Warlock 1+. Again, avoiding “emo special snowflake” path.

Open to ideas especially Sorcerer origin and Sorcerer versus Warlock paths. Gracias.

Unoriginal
2018-05-21, 09:46 AM
What do you want from that multiclass that the Paladin class can't give you?

PeteNutButter
2018-05-21, 09:52 AM
The SADness of one level of hexblade is worth 2 ASIs on a paladin. Just leave str at 15 for level one, and max cha.

If you want to play a paladin/sorcerer in AL, you are far better off not using Xanathar's. The ability to quicken GFB/BB and twin BB is far too strong to pass up on, but requires SCAG.

ZorroGames
2018-05-21, 10:15 AM
What do you want from that multiclass that the Paladin class can't give you?

The story that I want that these options provide.

ZorroGames
2018-05-21, 10:26 AM
The SADness of one level of hexblade is worth 2 ASIs on a paladin. Just leave str at 15 for level one, and max cha.

If you want to play a paladin/sorcerer in AL, you are far better off not using Xanathar's. The ability to quicken GFB/BB and twin BB is far too strong to pass up on, but requires SCAG.

Okay, so if I went Sorcerer I am stuck with Wild Magic or Draonic origins then? 🤨

Pulls SCAG, oh and the seemingly unimpressive Storm Sorcerer duplicated by Xanathar’s guide... 😕

So which would one of Draconic, Wild Magic, or Storm best represents my story goal in opinions of the forum members?

PeteNutButter
2018-05-21, 10:29 AM
Okay, so if I went Sorcerer I am stuck with Wild Magic or Draonic origins then? 🤨

Pulls SCAG, oh and the seemingly unimpressive Storm Sorcerer duplicated by Xanathar’s guide... 😕

So which would one of Draconic, Wild Magic, or Storm best represents my story goal in opinions of the forum members?

Draconic for more hp, as you are melee after all. Gold, Red or whatever to add to fire damage making your GFB do a good solid smack at level 6+. Wild magic can be pretty good if you get DM buy in.

ZorroGames
2018-05-23, 09:59 AM

Starting CH is maxed - Mountain Dwarf. Reason for the build is “Mountain Dwarf.” 😇

The first ASI +2 CH still leaves me odd number - 17. Eventually I should round that off right?

ZorroGames
2018-05-23, 10:03 AM
Draconic for more hp, as you are melee after all. Gold, Red or whatever to add to fire damage making your GFB do a good solid smack at level 6+. Wild magic can be pretty good if you get DM buy in.

Okay, Draconic Sorc it is. Probably Gold with a polymorping Dragon in family line.

Gold Dragon Sorc who dipped Paladin. I can go with that. Gracias.

PeteNutButter
2018-05-23, 12:03 PM
Starting CH is maxed - Mountain Dwarf. Reason for the build is “Mountain Dwarf.” 😇

The first ASI +2 CH still leaves me odd number - 17. Eventually I should round that off right?

In that case the hexblade is less value, but in the long run saves ASIs if you focus cha.

Okay, Draconic Sorc it is. Probably Gold with a polymorping Dragon in family line.

Gold Dragon Sorc who dipped Paladin. I can go with that. Gracias.

That works excellently. It was my first AL character in fact, although human of course.

ZorroGames
2018-05-23, 01:49 PM
In that case the hexblade is less value, but in the long run saves ASIs if you focus cha.

That works excellently. It was my first AL character in fact, although human of course.

Gracias. I think I will consider the ST 15 build but more likely will accept ramping up CH after the first ASI.

But at Pal 2 and Sorc 1 I have some time to play around, though not too much time.