PDA

View Full Version : Playable Evil Outsider

kbob
2018-05-21, 10:33 AM
I'm in a game that the DM is all of the sudden allowing some OP stuff. One of the players is, of course, abusing it for all it's worth. He is making the game experience annoying. I was contemplating just leaving but I have the OK to play a Fiend of Possesion. 0.0 The evil creative juices began to flow. I thought that I could get a cohort (anything) and pretend to have him as my character (we can control our own cohorts). My fiend will be ethereal and posses the other player's items and start cursing him (on the reg). (One idea is to curse him to always tell the truth and not being able to deceive). As I become more powerful and if he continues to be a douchebag, I'll posses him and make him kill himself. Only problem is that we are starting at ECL 8 and I have to find a race (Evil Outsider) that I can start with and be able to get its wisdom save to +5. So that is my question. Does anyone know of a race or workaround for this? Thanks for any help you can give!

ATHATH
2018-05-21, 11:27 AM
Why are you trying to solve an OOC problem via IC means?

flappeercraft
2018-05-21, 12:20 PM
Why are you trying to solve an OOC problem via IC means?

Seconded.

On the topic of a playable race for that. Get a Human with the Otherworldly feat and use the ritual of alignment (SS) to qualify.

Venger
2018-05-21, 01:08 PM
I'm in a game that the DM is all of the sudden allowing some OP stuff. One of the players is, of course, abusing it for all it's worth. He is making the game experience annoying. I was contemplating just leaving but I have the OK to play a Fiend of Possesion. 0.0 The evil creative juices began to flow. I thought that I could get a cohort (anything) and pretend to have him as my character (we can control our own cohorts). My fiend will be ethereal and posses the other player's items and start cursing him (on the reg). (One idea is to curse him to always tell the truth and not being able to deceive). As I become more powerful and if he continues to be a douchebag, I'll posses him and make him kill himself. Only problem is that we are starting at ECL 8 and I have to find a race (Evil Outsider) that I can start with and be able to get its wisdom save to +5. So that is my question. Does anyone know of a race or workaround for this? Thanks for any help you can give!

Leave.

If you choose not to listen to this advice, the aforementioned otherworldly human with the ritual of alignment works. You could also roll neraph.

Goaty14
2018-05-21, 02:31 PM
I second leaving. Instead of making the other PC throw himself off of a cliff because you don't like the power level of the game is a 100% proven concept to get you a broken nose.

Deadline
2018-05-21, 06:17 PM
As others have said, you solve an OOC problem by talking to the person.

That being said, Kaorti from the Fiend Folio are ECL 4 Outsiders with the [Evil] subtype. Not sure if its ECL is too much for your goal.

Venger
2018-05-21, 07:10 PM
As others have said, you solve an OOC problem by talking to the person.

That being said, Kaorti from the Fiend Folio are ECL 4 Outsiders with the [Evil] subtype. Not sure if its ECL is too much for your goal.

depending on how permissive your gm is, you might do the wight thing to get rid of some of it.

Thurbane
2018-05-21, 07:30 PM
First, I agree with others: never try to solve an OOC conflict with in-game actions.

Having said that, Diabolous (Dragon Compendium p.6) with Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template. LA +2 (depending on the exact template you select) and no RHD.

Chaotic: Diaboli have the chaotic subtype.

The creature's type changes to outsider, and any alignment subtypes it has changes to match the corresponding alignment subtypes of its deity.

Crake
2018-05-21, 08:20 PM
First, I agree with others: never try to solve an OOC conflict with in-game actions.

Having said that, Diabolous (Dragon Compendium p.6) with Divine Minion (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mb/20050209a) template. LA +2 (depending on the exact template you select) and no RHD.

That, combined with LA buyoff, you'd be level 7 at ECL8 (and pretty close to buying off the last point of LA). You can enter fiend of possession as early as level 4 (6 ranks in skills means qualify by level 3 earliest), and have 4 levels in it by level 7, which only just allows you to possess creatures. 2 more levels and you'll be able to control creatures.

Keep in mind though, that there are spells out there that trap possessing creatures inside their victim (imprison possessor, BoVD), and render them completely impotent (impotent Possessor, also BoVD). There is also dispel possession which is a no save, no SR, force a possessing entity out of it's victim, and a pretty huge collection of ways to get permanent protection from evil, to make people immune to possession.

Segev
2018-05-22, 01:26 PM
The Dretch (demon) is one of the lowest-ECL ways into Fiend of Possession.

That said...don't play one to hurt the party. It isn't fun for anybody. It won't even be fun for you.