PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying Crypt of the NecroDancer...

Some Android
2018-05-22, 08:26 AM
'Cause I've heard good things about it and it's currently 80% on Steam. I'm just wondering if I should bother with the DLC as there are option for bundling them together.

DodgerH2O
2018-05-23, 08:31 PM
Haven't responded yet because I personally don't have the DLC, but the game is totally worth the price even without DLC. I have yet to finish because of the tempo of certain levels throwing me off but I still love the game. I am working on the Bard now (a character who is just turn-based, not rhythm-based) to get past that but the basic premise is super engaging and bypassing it makes it less entertaining.

Some Android
2018-05-23, 11:09 PM
Haven't responded yet because I personally don't have the DLC, but the game is totally worth the price even without DLC. I have yet to finish because of the tempo of certain levels throwing me off but I still love the game. I am working on the Bard now (a character who is just turn-based, not rhythm-based) to get past that but the basic premise is super engaging and bypassing it makes it less entertaining.

'Kay. I actually got a little impatient because no one responded for awhile and just bought the game and DLC for like $6. Looking forward to playing it though.

GAAD
2018-05-23, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah, it’s great! Brutal as heck, but great!

Ornithologist
2018-05-24, 10:46 AM
The DLC is worth it in a heartbeat.

Psyren
2018-05-24, 10:49 AM
I enjoy it too. Not my favorite roguelike (Hand of Fate takes that award, with Enter the Gungeon as a close second), but the hook is unique enough that I find myself coming back to it frequently.

I believe there's a character you can get early on that lets you move to your own beat as well, if you just want to explore without having to time monster patterns as exactly. Can't remember if that's DLC or an unlock though.

Some Android
2018-05-24, 06:34 PM
Still haven't touched the game yet. Might marathon it this weekend when I have more free time. I do have an absurd, unlikely question though: is there a part in the game where there's a knight with a shovel?* Because I like games like that.

*Feel free to answer this question in whatever manner you see fit.

TaRix
2018-05-25, 12:35 AM
Still haven't touched the game yet. Might marathon it this weekend when I have more free time. I do have an absurd, unlikely question though: is there a part in the game where there's a knight with a shovel?* Because I like games like that.

No, but there is a player character with a shovel -hand- who fights with explosives.

As to the be-horned and be-shoveled Knight, there is probably a mod for that somewhere.

Cespenar
2018-05-25, 05:33 AM

The fact that there are multiple tiers of shovels in the game should make you happy, I think.

Some Android
2018-05-26, 12:37 PM
As to the be-horned and be-shoveled Knight, there is probably a mod for that somewhere.

What about anthropomorphic cup brothers or belly-dancing 1/2 genies?

:smallwink:

Psyren
2018-05-27, 12:09 PM
What about anthropomorphic cup brothers or belly-dancing 1/2 genies?

:smallwink:

I got the first reference but what's the second?

Some Android
2018-05-27, 07:03 PM
I got the first reference but what's the second?

This. Link to wiki page. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shantae)