PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Adding Phrenic or Psionic Templates

kalos72
2018-05-22, 08:50 AM
My group is trying to develop a group of psionic Simulacrum of normal people to add to their city's population so they can add commoner level citizens with psionic power, building a psionic nation in effect. They are also planning to create a psionic tpe mythal that these people can access, based on the Jhaamdathan udoxias items.

What would be an acceptable way to add either a phrenic template or simply make them psionic powers other than sim'in psionic people? I am thinking something like 1 in 1000 people might have any psionic power so they are rare, plus how do you find out if someone has latent psionic powers?

The groups patron is a Epic level wizard that has turned himself into an Undead Elder Brain know as the Oracle of Ellyn'taal.

One idea was simply being "affected" by the Oracle over time would give them some sort of ability. In FR writing, simply being around psionic items/artifacts effects the "surrounding flora/fauna" so the aura seems to have impact.

kalos72
2018-05-22, 08:58 AM
There is always the idea that they are Sardior followers and he gives them the template too?

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20030124a

kalos72
2018-05-22, 09:04 AM
Or time spent on the Demiplane of Ectoplasm?

Ursus Spelaeus
2018-05-22, 09:17 AM
You could also use Psychic Reformation to change your 1st level human commoner's feats to Hidden Talent and Psicrystal Affinity. You could give them all Artiste psicrystals and then give them all Minor Creation, Psionic.

Don't forget that psicrystals get feats, too.

JyP
2018-05-22, 09:22 AM
One way would be to gather some naturally psionic people in your town - élans, dromites, maenads, half-giants, or even blue goblins... some will mate with humans and have psionic children. But as you are talking about an Epic Wizard, I guess he could tackle something like the secret council which is creating élans to get their secret for himself.

Note that psionic aura could have impacts... but instead of psionic humans you could get cranium rats first - or even phrenic cats or bigger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20332985&postcount=44), which could cause ecological disasters on a non-psionic environment :smallbiggrin:

MaxiDuRaritry
2018-05-22, 10:25 AM
You could also use Psychic Reformation to change your 1st level human commoner's feats to Hidden Talent and Psicrystal Affinity. You could give them all Artiste psicrystals and then give them all Minor Creation, Psionic.

Don't forget that psicrystals get feats, too.This was going to be my suggestion, but I got lurk'd. Construct a repeating trap from the DMG. The MIC has rules on converting magic items to psionic versions thereof.

Falontani
2018-05-22, 10:32 AM
Create a nation of Psiforged and Empty Vessels (magic of Eberron and Eberron Campaign Setting, respectively)
Also create kalashtar by using planar binding to bind quori, have them possess a mortal, then use that evil spell from book of vile darkness to trap the creature in the hosts body. I think duration is either instant or perm, won't matter when the caster is epic