PDA

View Full Version : DM Help help on my BBEG build

Thac0 Redeye
2018-05-22, 12:07 PM
I am currently running ETCR and am rewriting the BBEG, Strahd. during the adventure he has been spying and scrying on my players, and knows their "battle routine" Sorcerer has a favorite spell and so does the cleric.
I need help finding all the items, feats and powers available to give resistance/immunity to individual spells or spell turning. If I can zap the casters with their own spell would be awesome.

thanks

books: core, ph2, dmg2, BOED, BOVD, SC, MIC, all completes, HOH, HOB, Libris Mortis, Expanded Psionic handbook, Forgotten realms PH, A&E, Dragon Mag and all races of. NO Ebberron.

Goaty14
2018-05-22, 02:33 PM
What's the boss' current build?

Thac0 Redeye
2018-05-22, 09:35 PM
still trying to figure that all out. I am currently working on battle sorcerer12 or BS 10/ftr2. With the vampire template.

Goaty14
2018-05-22, 09:49 PM
A bit more info on the players and the encounter? Hard to think of a counter for an arbitrary spell :smalltongue:

Thac0 Redeye
2018-05-25, 09:29 AM
I believe you are overthinking my question. I am asking for items, feats or spells to counter specific known spells and abilities of the PC's. I already know I want to give my BBEG a ring of counter spell and ring of spell turning. Are there any others like this?

FYI to try to answer your last query; I am rebuilding the Vampire lord Strahd from Ravenloft. the adventure has him spying/scrying on the PC's since coming to his lands. So he is aware and continuing to learn their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their "go to" spells and attack plans. So it is not a specific encounter I am planning for. He will attack and withdraw at random to wear down the PC's and to toy with them.

16bearswutIdo
2018-05-25, 01:57 PM
I believe you are overthinking my question. I am asking for items, feats or spells to counter specific known spells and abilities of the PC's.

We don't know your players specific known spells and abilities though. How are we supposed to give you advice on how to counter your PCs if you don't give us info?