PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/paladin help.

Someloser
2018-05-22, 03:27 PM
I'm thinking of playing a rogue paladin for my next campaign and I am open to any advice. I'm currently thinking of a oath of devotion paladin and swashbuckler rouge. I am open to any changes if you have any better ideas. Also my paladin is a follower of the Raven Queen.

Contrast
2018-05-22, 03:30 PM
*Rogue

What level do you think you'll start/finish at? Race? Do you know anything about the type of campaign or what other people will be playing?

CTurbo
2018-05-22, 03:54 PM
I like the Synergy there. I'd go Half-Elf, Vhuman, or Tabaxi. Start with a 16 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Cha either way.

I'd probably go Rapier and shield with Dueling Fighting Style, but Defense would be great too.

I'd probably start Paladin, but then jump over to Rogue for 4 or 5 levels, then back to Pally until Pally 6, then finish Rogue from there for Pally 6/ Rogue 14

Pex
2018-05-22, 05:24 PM
A red dragonborn should do the trick.

Aett_Thorn
2018-05-22, 05:45 PM
I like the Synergy there. I'd go Half-Elf, Vhuman, or Tabaxi. Start with a 16 Dex, 14 Con, 16 Cha either way.

I'd probably go Rapier and shield with Dueling Fighting Style, but Defense would be great too.

I'd probably start Paladin, but then jump over to Rogue for 4 or 5 levels, then back to Pally until Pally 6, then finish Rogue from there for Pally 6/ Rogue 14

Don’t forget the 13 Str you’d need of you’re following RAW

jaappleton
2018-05-22, 07:03 PM
Don’t forget, nothing stops you from being a Strength Based Rogue.

You just have to use Finesse Weapons, but you can use those with Strength.

Certain things like stealth will certainly suffer but you can focus on Heavy Armor, and you’d still have Expertise and benefit from Sneak Attack.

Someloser
2018-05-23, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the help dudes

Someloser
2018-05-23, 03:51 PM
*Rogue

What level do you think you'll start/finish at? Race? Do you know anything about the type of campaign or what other people will be playing?

We're starting at level one, I know that there's definitely a cleric, a monk and a bard there's a few who haven't yet decided. As for finishing level again I'm not sure, we're planning on running the campaign for about two years though. As for the type of campaign it's gonna be quite a dark one.

CTurbo
2018-05-23, 04:13 PM
I think a Swashbuckler Conquest Pally would be a lot of fun