PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vitiate V.S Mother Talzin

ArlEammon
2018-05-22, 05:39 PM
Witch vs Wizard, basically. Darth Vitiate faces Mother Talzin in a battle.
I've been thinking about magic in Star Wars for a long time. I noticed Talzin is as powerful as Sidious on her planet, and I've noticed that Darth Vitiate is actually more powerful than we get to see him in SWTOR. As far as I know, Darth Vitiate is one of the greatest sorcerers in Star Wars, as is Mother Talzin. Therefore I see this as a close battle.

1) Scenario 1:
It's at the Eternal Throne
2) Scenario 2:
It's on Dathomir
3) Scenario 3:
It's on neutral ground.

Before you think Darth Vitiate can steam roll Mother Talzin, consider that Sidious is the greatest Sith of his time, and all previous eras of Sith before him, and Mother Talzin stale mated him.
Before you think Mother Talzin can steam roll Darth Vitiate, consider that at the time we see Darth Vitiate in-game, he's been weakened, even after feasting on the life force of entire planets, and he still required the Outlander, his father, and three other family members battling inside the Outlander's head to destroy him.

The question is, who would win in a battle with each other?

Ramza00
2018-05-22, 10:01 PM
Star Wars EU is such a dragonball z type environment. Plus it had hilarious content such as this.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-dumbest-thing-the-star-wars-expanded-universe-did-t-1740235732

Fyraltari
2018-05-23, 01:08 AM
Star Wars EU is such a dragonball z type environment. Plus it had hilarious content such as this.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-dumbest-thing-the-star-wars-expanded-universe-did-t-1740235732

Wow. This may actually be even dumber than "The Glove of Darth Vader". Impressive.

Peelee
2018-05-23, 07:20 AM

Wow. This may actually be even dumber than "The Glove of Darth Vader". Impressive.

Oh come on. Courtship of Princess Leia is far from the worst the EU had to offer.

Fyraltari
2018-05-23, 08:04 AM
Oh come on. Courtship of Princess Leia is far from the worst the EU had to offer.

Well there is dumb and there is bad, they are not the same.

Peelee
2018-05-23, 09:05 AM
Well there is dumb and there is bad, they are not the same.

True enough. However, it's also far from the dumbest the EU had to offer as well.:smalltongue:

Ramza00
2018-05-23, 09:12 AM

First Dumb and Worst are not the same :smalltongue:. But wait you are telling me the EU did something even dumber specifically with Princess Leia? :smalleek::smallfrown:

Peelee
2018-05-23, 09:26 AM
First Dumb and Worst are not the same :smalltongue:. But wait you are telling me the EU did something even dumber specifically with Princess Leia? :smalleek::smallfrown:

Imean, Courtship of Princess Leia was mostly other people being stupid, not Leia. Regardless, her fighting a fallen Hutt Jedi was pretty entertaining in a train-wreck sort of way.

The Glyphstone
2018-05-23, 09:38 AM
Imean, Courtship of Princess Leia was mostly other people being stupid, not Leia. Regardless, her fighting a fallen Hutt Jedi was pretty entertaining in a train-wreck sort of way.

The idea of a Hutt Jedi, and the intersection of Hutt psychology and Jedi philosophy, is something I wish the EU had gotten a chance to explore more directly than a throwaway minor boss monster.

hamishspence
2018-05-23, 09:41 AM
Scourge did a bit better (Hutt Force-Sensitive, taught by Jedi - unable to "get their head round Jedi philosophy") - but ultimately, there was an element of "boss monster" about that story too.

Ramza00
2018-05-23, 09:57 AM

I think that is once again the headline's point. Leia was not dumb, it was the people around her that were dumb, and these dumb people with dumb ideas were creating real world consequences for Leia. I mean think about it for a second, lets use a metaphor of what Han did to Leia by trying to make it sound like a real world example.

Two "super-power" nation states are at war, and the war is massive with numerous causalities. Leia is a survivor of a small nation which was literally destroyed by said war and only has a small amount of refuges that are scattered everywhere...Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...and one of your suitors decides the best way to woo your heart is to drug and kidnap and take you by boat to a third nation, a jungle nation which is a proxy war location for the two great super-powers. His reasoning? He just won a "manor" with rich farm land and everything and he wants to show off to you that he is a somebody for now he has land too on this blue marble, and thus we must go to this jungle nation that is now the center of literally armed conflict between the two super powers.

If this sounds like a reskinned version of the late 1800s genre of "foreign adventure / lost world genre" ... well that is because it is. :smallwink: (I am refering to books such as Sir H. Rider Haggard's King Solomon's Mines) But the real funny stuff is almost never do these Lost World Genres have such an absurd story of why they are starting the adventure such as the Courtship of Princess Leia (for example King Solomon's Mines is a search and possible rescue operation for an aristocrat's brother for the aristocrat wants closure or rescuing his brother if the brother is alive). Nope instead other ideas from other genres are transplanted into this lost world Star Wars tale...for we get more Victorian ethics and nonsense combined with some absurd romantic comedy plot as the transition piece of why we are going to Dathomir.

-----

I have more to say but I will stop there for it is a good stopping point.

That said Peelee, while I have opinions on this subject I can also see multiple streams and be of other minds at the same time. Let me point out that the word "dumb" never appears anywhere else in the article besides the title. In newspapers it is common for the title to be written by an editor and not the article's author themselves (that is why you look for a thesis statement in the first paragraph). Well this is even worse now a days with the internet when internet articles show only the title and you have to click, aka they have to pull you in, in order for them to make money.

So hyperfocusing on the title of the article is missing the real point of the article, instead we just get "hooked" much like a fish with a bait worm.