PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder How can one obtain immunity to either ability penalties or necromancy?

GiantFlyingHog
2018-05-23, 12:07 AM
Just what the title says. All first and 3rd party PF is allowed, might be able to convince the GM to let me use 3.5. Also, being a construct is, unfortunately, not an option.

EDIT: I'm specifically trying to avoid Bestow curse and similar effects.

gooddragon1
2018-05-23, 04:59 AM
Just what the title says. All first and 3rd party PF is allowed, might be able to convince the GM to let me use 3.5. Also, being a construct is, unfortunately, not an option.

If it's negative energy, death ward (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/death-ward/) has you covered.

lagninja
2018-05-23, 10:52 AM
A dhampir is immune to the negative effects of level drain, and treats negative energy as positive.

An initiate of the seven fold veil at 6th level is immune to all spells except daylight.

Segev
2018-05-23, 11:43 AM
This is a suspiciously specific question; what situation are you trying to mitigate/avoid?

GiantFlyingHog
2018-05-23, 07:13 PM
This is a suspiciously specific question; what situation are you trying to mitigate/avoid?

I'm trying to avoid the effects of Bestow Curse and similar abilities.

Slithery D
2018-05-23, 07:42 PM
The Spell Immunity spell is your best bet against Bestow Curse in particular.

A Ring of Inner Fortitude (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rings/ring-of-inner-fortitude/) protects (to a degree) against ability damage, drain, and temporary ability penalties, if your GM agrees that Bestow Curse's "decrease to an ability score" is a "temporary ability penalty" then it'll protect you from that. But it won't protect against the -4 to almost everything or 50% chance not to act selections, which are a lot more debilitating.

The only way I can recall to get immunity to all curse affects is as a 13th level Psychic with the Hag-Ridden discipline. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way for Oracles of a particular mystery to do it, though.

Glimbur
2018-05-23, 10:33 PM
CE soulborn gets an ability that protects their Str in particular from penalties and damage. Not a good class though.

Bestow curse allows SR so you can spell immunity it. Implementation left as an exercise for the reader (or I am lazy)

death390
2018-05-24, 06:41 AM
strongheart vest is another ability damage mitigation ability. only requires the feat shape soulmeld to get.

Segev
2018-05-24, 04:58 PM
strongheart vest is another ability damage mitigation ability. only requires the feat shape soulmeld to get.

Bestow curse applies a permanent penalty, not damage. They are mechanically distinct. otherwise, I'd recommend binding Naebarius as a Binder.

It'd probably be a lot easier to get ahold of some items of remove curse than to gain blanket immunity.