PDA

View Full Version : How to emulate pocket monster themed character.

ayvango
2018-05-23, 04:45 AM
I'd like to play dominator character. Brainwash a monster, put it inside extra-dimensional space, summon when its service are needed.

There is a limit on number simultaneously controlled monsters. It is established either by finite spell duration, or explicit HD limit as for the rebuke undead ability. So I'd like to put monsters into a timeless extra dimensional storage, so spell duration would not be consumed. Also living monsters are barred from hunger and breathing while the time is frozen, so the monsters could be stored indefinitely long.

When you need a monster you just put it out of his time freeze and use. If his personal duration is ending, you could prolong domination spell, if it get out of control HD limit, you could redo rebuking. If it lacks food or sleep - you could provide monster with his bare necessities and put it back to its timeless slumber inside a monster ball.

That way I could have thousands monsters in my collection but use simultaneously only tiny fraction of it. And swap monsters to fit challenge perfectly.

So the question is: what spells and magic items could emulate desired pocket monster extra-dimensional storage.

Uncle Pine
2018-05-23, 04:51 AM
Smoky Confinement (Complete Mage).

ayvango
2018-05-23, 04:59 AM
Could I command dominated undead to deliberately fail fortitude save? Undead are immune to all effects that require fortitude saves.

Darrin
2018-05-23, 07:02 AM
Dragon Magazine #280 has the Token Familiar and Extra Familiar feats. This lets you carry around multiple familiars as miniature figurines.