PDA

View Full Version : Monk/cleric help?

Someloser
2018-05-23, 04:14 PM
In my current campaign I am playing a monk. This monk is a merfolk and is a homebrew archetype which basically improves upon way of the four elements. Anyway in terms of the story I pretty much have to multiclass into a cleric. I've dicided tempest as I feel it fits my character well. I'm currently level four and thinking of when it is best to multiclass and how many levels to put into each class. Any help is apriciated

CTurbo
2018-05-23, 04:47 PM
Tempest is awesome! I'd go to at least level 5 in Cleric though for the 3rd level spells, you could do the rest in Monk.

Someloser
2018-05-23, 05:05 PM
Also any help for any feats you think would work well or even just be interesting would also be appreciated.

Someloser
2018-05-23, 05:12 PM
Tempest is awesome! I'd go to at least level 5 in Cleric though for the 3rd level spells, you could do the rest in Monk.

Do you think it's best for me to multiclass at level five so then I at least have the extra attack?

CTurbo
2018-05-23, 06:04 PM
Yes go to Monk 5 first at least, then over to Cleric.

You don't really NEED any feats for this to work. I'd just focus on getting Wis and then Dex maxed. Magic Initiate could be fun to pick up Booming Blade, Find Familiar and maybe an additional Lightning or Thunder cantrip. Mobile is always fun on a Monk as well as Alert.