PDA

View Full Version : Command and Conquer 12th anniversery

Setra
2007-09-05, 11:50 PM
To those who do not know, it is the twelth anniversery of the original Command and Conquer.

And as such, they are letting you download it for free from the C&C website.

The download is horrendously slow though, at least for me.

The Orange Zergling
2007-09-06, 12:04 AM
Nice. Lets people get back to the roots of the RTS and play (one of) the game that started it all... back in the old days we used ten-pixel sprites as soldiers and we liked it! We didn't have these fancy "models" and "scenario editors" and "skirmishes"... :smallwink:

Winterwind
2007-09-06, 02:41 AM
I have actually played the original C&C recently again. I must say... its soundtrack is still amongst the best computer-game soundtracks I know of.

Archonic Energy
2007-09-06, 03:50 AM
I have actually played the original C&C recently again. I must say... its soundtrack is still amongst the best computer-game soundtracks I know of.

QFT.

i got "The First Decade" pack a while ago... it brought back some memories.

"Real tough Guy" :smallamused:

Tekraen
2007-09-06, 07:45 AM
...I don't need to download the original C&C, as it's still sitting in my CD case, pristine as the day I bought it, with Red Alert sitting next to it.

I only wish my cousin hadn't absconded with my Red Alert 2 discs, then I'd have the entire series.

tannish2
2007-09-06, 06:55 PM
well, its free for DL... YAY... puts a damper on my mourning.... sucks EA ruined the series though (or whatever actually happened, im going to blame EA though)

Setra
2007-09-06, 09:08 PM
well, its free for DL... YAY... puts a damper on my mourning.... sucks EA ruined the series though (or whatever actually happened, im going to blame EA though)
This confuses me

My friends say C&C 3 is a great game.

LordVader
2007-09-06, 09:09 PM
Yes, it is. And the X-Pack looks very good as well. But you always have the hard-liners who hate it when it shifts companies, sometimes for good reasons, sometimes not.

Winterwind
2007-09-07, 12:45 AM
Hmm. Matter of fact, I lost my faith in the C&C line with Red Alert 1 already (which I found ridiculously unbalanced in favour of the Soviets - to the point where playing with the Allies was frustrating and playing with the Soviets boring).
I haven't played newer C&Cs since, but the last one does, at the very least, look pretty cool to me.